Subject: Population of Pakistan provinces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I realized that Pakistan provinces have an associated population value (0 or 1), and this made me wonder why? Since those spaces are always neutral, they cannot contribute to total opposition. Also, no faction other than Talibans can occupy such spaces (at least I haven't seen any event that would allow it explicitly).
So what are they used for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Entner
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Number of guerillas placed by a Rally operation is bases plus population.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, Taliban can Extort there to get some Resources.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
boulou wrote:
I realized that Pakistan provinces have an associated population value (0 or 1), and this made me wonder why? Since those spaces are always neutral, they cannot contribute to total opposition. Also, no faction other than Talibans can occupy such spaces (at least I haven't seen any event that would allow it explicitly).
So what are they used for?

The factors mentioned above plus the various restrictions on acting against Pakistan via direct military intervention or airstrike makes Pakistan a common place to build up Taliban forces in relative safety before launching an offensive into Afghanistan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for the replies. I thought about rally after posting, yep an obvious one I somehow forgot. But why extort ? Talibans earn 1 resource by activating a guerrilla no matter the population value in a province, right?

By the way, thanks for a really great game, Brian!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You can Extort in any province with an Underground Guerrilla and more Taliban than enemy.
The Pakistan provinces are 3 places where there will always be more Taliban than enemy, and when you need Resources, there they are.

You're welcome, glad you are enjoying the game!

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.