Popular Tags: [View All]
Ewan Anderson
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,
Read through the rules today, had a few questions- straits separate sea zones, does this mean that when a strait is on the border of two sea zones, if you are in that hex, you are in both zones simultaneously?

Also, it confused me that sea zones actually had hexes- can you patrol a sea area? Or are Naval units after moving always having to land in a port? Can they stay out at sea?

Also, air units can intercept and affect naval units. What is the range of this? If says that they can effect a whole sea zone- does this mean they have to simply be in a coast hex adjoining that sea area?

Looking like an amazing game! I guess I just couldn't get my head around the Naval side of things.

I would really like to try the whole war, 1939 - 45, how long realistically would this take, thanks, Ewan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Catanzaro
Italy
Palermo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
waiting someone else answers better adding further info I would say:
1) I'm not sure what you mean with "strait seprating sea zones", but yes, there are a few ports laying in two different sea zones ( In italy they are Palermo and Brindisi)
2) no they cannot stay out at the sea (4.2.4)
3) yes interception range cover the whole SZ (6.2.5.2.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Williams
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Enrico has the right of it.

1.3.6 clarifies the rules regarding strait hexes and the sea zones to which they belong: "If a Sea Zone border or Strait runs into or ends at a hex, that hex is in more than one Sea Zone."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.