Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nyem 24
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all the available expansions for Talisman with the following exceptions:

Dragon Expansion
Deep Realms Expansion

I think I can live without the Dragon one, but I think I'd really like the Deep Realms one. Can't seem to find it anywhere for under $70. Any advice on where I might get one affordably? Or is it even worth tracking down in your opinion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nyem24 wrote:
I have all the available expansions for Talisman with the following exceptions:

Dragon Expansion
Deep Realms Expansion

I think I can live without the Dragon one, but I think I'd really like the Deep Realms one. Can't seem to find it anywhere for under $70. Any advice on where I might get one affordably? Or is it even worth tracking down in your opinion?

I love it! But $70 is way too much. I probably wouldn't even pay that much for the base game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john kim
Canada
flag msg tools
Yeah im in the same situation! I so wanna get the deep realms but $70+ for 2 card spaces and 40 cards seems really steep. Still it could be a good investment to buy now as these prices will only increase with time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nyem24 wrote:
but I think I'd really like the Deep Realms one. Can't seem to find it anywhere for under $70. Any advice on where I might get one affordably? Or is it even worth tracking down in your opinion?

If possible, start hunting around at actual physical stores.
That's how I got my Upgrade kit for $20 LONG after it has reached the $70+ on ebay point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grarrrg wrote:
nyem24 wrote:
but I think I'd really like the Deep Realms one. Can't seem to find it anywhere for under $70. Any advice on where I might get one affordably? Or is it even worth tracking down in your opinion?

If possible, start hunting around at actual physical stores.
That's how I got my Upgrade kit for $20 LONG after it has reached the $70+ on ebay point.

Same here. I was able to find a couple of those Talisman Upgrade Kits for the Black Industries edition on sale long after they had been discontinued by FFG. I already had my new FFG edition of the game, but since I still had my older BI edition, I decided to pick up one of those Upgrade Kits for about $10.

However, the Deep Realms expansion might just be a bit harder to find at your friendly local gaming stores (FLGS) because it was a print on demand expansion. Even online mail older places might not have them available.

But keep looking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nyem 24
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zerods wrote:
Yeah im in the same situation! I so wanna get the deep realms but $70+ for 2 card spaces and 40 cards seems really steep. Still it could be a good investment to buy now as these prices will only increase with time!

I found a store that said they had stock. I'll let you know if the order comes through so you can get one as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald (Joe) Rupert
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is available again via the FFG website. I just finally snagged the Deep Realms.

Take care!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nyem 24
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wrasse wrote:
It is available again via the FFG website. I just finally snagged the Deep Realms.

Take care!

Thank you! The other place I ordered from flaked out, never told me they didnt have stock I just got a notification that the order was cancelled. So glad FFG direct has it, I just ordered it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
So glad to see Nether Realms and Deep Realms available direct from FFG. That will save me from thinking about spending stupid money on the secondary market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rodriguez
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's an icon
mbmbmbmbmb
dragon/dungeon are available on amazon for $30
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nyem 24
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alexr wrote:

I broke down and got Dragon a few days ago so in a few days I will have a complete Talisman set (minus any promos).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
alexr wrote:

Both of these are also available via coolstuffinc and miniature market for $3 more ($33.95 each).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.