Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Riley Russell
Canada
Clive
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
Watched a couple videos from the developer and it doesn't sound like there's a set release date since recent setbacks in production. Is that right or as per usual am I wrong?

Anyways looking forward to this so hope I'm wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
His hope is before christmas. But likely Early Q1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riley Russell
Canada
Clive
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the help. Had hoped to play this while waiting for KDM, but looks like that may not be the case.

Either way, still looking forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Karrde
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To expand on Dustin's answer:

And, okay, look, obviously a common theme to fixing mistakes is time. In many past instances I've been very optimistic in my time tables, essentially assuming that no mistakes would be made, when, really, that's the stupidest thing I could do. Mistakes were and are bound to be made at every step of this process, if for no other reason than there are more elements to this project than any other single-box board game in history.

There are so many things to get wrong, probability demands that mistakes will be made. So I'm going to sit here and attempt to be as realistic as I can with you. These mistakes I mentioned are going to cause further delays, likely pushing delivery into December. And that's optimistic, so let's not be optimistic and combine the fact that the factory does everything slowly with the fact that attempting to do any shipping in December is prone to disaster anyway, and we're going to go with a delivery date of January.

2017. It stings, but I think it's the most realistic estimate, which is what all of you deserve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm calling it: July 2017. Place your bets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:

No way it'll be that late. It's already off the production line. they just have to reprint the character boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
jarredscott78 wrote:

No way it'll be that late. It's already off the production line. they just have to reprint the character boxes.

Quoted for reference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Courtemanche
Canada
Bois-des-filion
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man I hope for a December release, tho! But if needs be (component fixes, better insert, etc), I'll be patient.

I just saw the unboxing video, man, I wanna marry the guy. If only I was gay and not already married. Oh, well.. Patience is a virtue they say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they ship before Chinese New Year, I'd say Febuary/March, if they miss this spot, I'd say the delivery could happen around May.

There is no KS boardgame I am looking as much forward to as for Gloomhaven...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Currently working on Perdition's Mouth Board game content
badge
Imperial Assault - Imperial Player
mbmbmbmbmb
datajack wrote:
Man I hope for a December release, tho! But if needs be (component fixes, better insert, etc), I'll be patient.

I just saw the unboxing video, man, I wanna marry the guy. If only I was gay and not already married. Oh, well.. Patience is a virtue they say.

If you were that close to him I am afraid you would not have wanted to play it anymore. After the years of development you would have been fed off already. The last two months I was translating Peridition's Mouth scenarios (something about 70 hours of work). When I was done, I was so happy that I do not need to worry about the game anymore. And even now when I see that in forum, it reminds me, that I should have done this better and that better....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hellström
Sweden
Kalmar
Sverige
flag msg tools
jarredscott78 wrote:

29th of April
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Courtemanche
Canada
Bois-des-filion
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
datajack wrote:

Well, I'm not close yet. That's the great thing, I'd enjoy the game in the state it is right now. Although, to marry the guy was a bit to much, I guess justba fling would do the trick. It wouldn't last long before he realises I'd hug the game box more then him. Don't get me wrong, I'd still hug the guy for making it but wouldn't last long term. ;-P

I have faith, 20th December release (so 15th January delivery).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
jarredscott78 wrote:

Is it? Are you sure? In the last update, Issac said he has to redo all the character boxes, since they are too large. He's only just got the white box sample from the printers (at Essen)

It's going to be Jan/Feb 2017

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simondtaylor wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:
jarredscott78 wrote:

Is it? Are you sure? In the last update, Issac said he has to redo all the character boxes, since they are too large. He's only just got the white box sample from the printers (at Essen)

Also, as far as I know, they need to design and produce the insert that will hold the massive quantity of cards and components. Really hoping for a top quality effort with this insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Courtemanche
Canada
Bois-des-filion
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terah wrote:

Also, as far as I know, they need to design and produce the insert that will hold the massive quantity of cards and components. Really hoping for a top quality effort with this insert.

Yeah, although I got really excited about the unboxing video, it is true I really hope the inside of the box doesn't end up like in video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Caciolli
Italy
Padua
flag msg tools
mb
datajack wrote:
Terah wrote:

Yeah, although I got really excited about the unboxing video, it is true I really hope the inside of the box doesn't end up like in video.

going against the flow of your comment I would prefer to play it soon instead having everything perfect ...

- usually I throw the inserts after the unpacking
- the boxes are large but still they fit the box (but I think it is a minor problem)
- the PF and XP markers issue is difficult to solve ... but I don't mind if I should keep track of XP and PF in other ways instead of waiting the game any longer

all other component are great

this is just my view of things ... I want to share it ... not willing to start a debate ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm positive Isaac will have it done by January, maybe even earlier.

I think the set-back with the boxes is actually a good thing, because it will make Isaac more aware of similar sources of mistakes when designing the insert.

To say the truth, personally I find it a bit dissapointing that the insert which I probably throw away after opening the game for the first time, is delaying the game, but I do understand Isaac wants this to be exceptional and I very much support this.

Also maybe he surprises us and delivers a viable insert. Since I throw away most of the inserts (apart from FFG "inserts" which seems ridiculous), because I transport my games a lot and consequently use baggies for all components so they aren't all over the place when opening the game at a friend's house, I probably would keep the insert if it's "ziplock-bag-compatible" (which is the reason why I kept the FFG inserts for now) or I will come up with a custom solution to make this game transportable (as size and weight of the whole game seems to make it hard to carry this game around).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Courtemanche
Canada
Bois-des-filion
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Antonio8080 wrote:
datajack wrote:
Terah wrote:

going against the flow of your comment I would prefer to play it soon instead having everything perfect ...

- usually I throw the inserts after the unpacking
- the boxes are large but still they fit the box (but I think it is a minor problem)
- the PF and XP markers issue is difficult to solve ... but I don't mind if I should keep track of XP and PF in other ways instead of waiting the game any longer

all other component are great

this is just my view of things ... I want to share it ... not willing to start a debate ;-)

Well, don't get me wrong, if I knew all the other components are fixed and final (notably the xp/hp track) and I knew I could get the game right now, I would, without a doubt. I just hope there's a nicely done tray in there. I own tons of game without insert, even some in bags because the boxes broke, I still own and love the games. I love a nicely done and practical insert and hope we'll have one for Gloomhaven, especially with this monster of a box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simondtaylor wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:
jarredscott78 wrote:

That was a full production copy, not a sample. Yes there are errors with it, such the delay. Most of the game is printed, including the minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
March 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
March 2017.
I was going to guess that it will be in my hands March 17th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Dragonier
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man that unboxing..drooling!

Just didnt noticed the "enhancement" stickers but im not sure im going to use them anyway. Hope we get it before xmas but im expecting a February delivery aswell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be the optimist here, second of February we'll get our games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spukky wrote:
I'll be the optimist here, second of February we'll get our games
I hope you win the pool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pearson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I firmly believe:
The final product will be perfect.
It will be under my tree December 25th.
Isaac will come down my chimney, go out the front door, grab the wrapped box(it didn't fit down the chimney), put it under the tree and take a bite of cookies that I left for him.
I believe...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.