Hide
10 Posts

Bios: Genesis» Forums » Rules

Subject: Diseased organ cube rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vladislav Smihula
Slovakia
Bratislava (Pressburg, Pozsony, Posonium, Presporok, Wilsonstadt, Bressalauspurch, Preslava, Istropolis)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to purchase the same organ again, if it is diseased (stolen by parasite)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. The rules should probably clarify this. It doesn't make sense that you could though as the organ isn't gone. The parasite didn't take it; it just infected it. Note that Red Queen attack against such a parasite is only allowed if you have an empty organ slot in which to recapture the cube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Card
United Kingdom
Didcot
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mb
Unlike diseased mutation cubes, there is possible ambiguity when parasitising organs. To avoid ambiguity, you would need to mark the diseased organ somehow, to identify it. This got me wondering ...

Does the icon on a parasitised organ still function?

Does the diseased cube still count towards the macroorganism host's metabolic rate?

I'm guessing the answer is No and No.

Note that its possible to use a Red Queen action to return a diseased cube to a different organ, effectively swapping the organ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
gaspar wrote:
Is it possible to purchase the same organ again, if it is diseased (stolen by parasite)?

Yes. In the glossary for "disease", it states: "A Diseased Organ is lost unless stolen back by a Red Queen action."

Therefore, a diseased organ is treated as if it were completely gone. Its abilities & metabolic contribution are gone, until you replace or cure it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladislav Smihula
Slovakia
Bratislava (Pressburg, Pozsony, Posonium, Presporok, Wilsonstadt, Bressalauspurch, Preslava, Istropolis)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diseased organ isnt really gone, because I can use it for Landfall.

If I purchased previously diseased organ again, is it possible by "red queen" action to steal diseased cube from parasite and allocate it to another organ (with same color)?
If I purchased previously diseased organ again, and later make Landfall, is it possible to transfer redundant cube to new organ of terrestrial makroorganism?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"replace it" ? How, if : "A Diseased Organ is lost unless stolen back by a Red Queen action." Only cure it...

And metabolic contribution are gone with the cube... it's the same for a microorganism and Mutation ? I was thinking when a parasite take a cube we lost the abilities (O2 spike and green for example) but not the metabolic contribution (HGT, red queen...) I'm wrong ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the entire glossary entry, which details the differences between diseased Mutations and diseased Organs (and hopefully answers these questions):

Disease (G0). A Diseased Mutation or Organ is one whose cube has been stolen as a Chromosome by a Parasite. A Mutation is never lost or demoted by Disease, rather it remains and its Abilities remain active (for the Host, not the Parasite). A Diseased Organ is completely lost unless stolen back by a Red Queen action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot phil... Sorry it's really clear...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladislav Smihula
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im little bit confused now.
so... if my brain is diseased, i cant purchase new brain, i have to cure it (by red queen action), right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You can either replace the diseased brain, (with a new organ), or else cure it (with Red Queen).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.