Subject: Custom villain: The Archmage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benton Winfrey
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's been a while but here is another one of my homeschooling/just for fun Sentinels decks that I put together to share. This one is sort of a Nightmist villain conversion.
Any suggestions/feedback (or art ideas) are welcome.
Difficulty:3
Villain: The Archmage
Front: Channeling power
HP: 95

Setup:
At the start of the game, put The Archmage's villain character card into play, "Channeling Power" side up. Reveal cards from the top of the villain deck until you reveal a relic, put it into play and shuffle the other revealed cards into the villain deck.

Gameplay:
At the start of the villain turn add a counter to the mana pool, then if there are 3 mana counters in the pool, remove them and flip the Archmage's character cards. At the end of the villain turn The Archmage deals the hero target with the highest hp H-2 lightning and H-1 toxic damage.

Advanced: The Archmage cannot be reduced to fewer than 1 hp and cannot be destroyed

Back: Living arcane energy
HP:95

Gameplay: When flipped to this side destroy a hero ongoing or equipment card. Whenever an arcana card enters play The Archmage regains its (magic number) and deals the hero target with the lowest hp (that cards magic number) fire damage. At the end of the villain turn add a counter to the mana pool, then if there are 2 counters remove them and The Archmage deals each hero target 1 cold and 1 radiant damage,then flip The Archmage's cards.

Advanced: increase all villain magic numbers by 1

Relic(8)

The elder tome(2)
HP:6 (magic numbers 1 and 2)
At the end of the villain turn reveal the top card of the villain deck until an arcana is revealed, put it into play and shuffle the other revealed cards into the villain deck.

Elder necklace(2)
HP:6 (magic numbers 1 and 2)
At the end of the villain turn The Archmage regains hp equal to the (magic number) on the top card of his discard pile, then this card deals each non-villain target 1 sonic damage.

The elder amulet(2)
HP:6 (magic numbers 1 and 4)
The first time The Archmage would be dealt damage by a non-villain target each turn, reveal the top card of the villain deck, if the revealed cards (magic number) is equal to or greater than the amount of damage being dealt, redirect the damage to the target dealing damage. Discard the revealed card. Reduce damage dealt to this card by 1.

The elder ring
HP:6 (magic numbers 3 and 4)
Increase damage dealt by The Archmage by 1. Reduce damage dealt to villain targets by 1.

One-shot(2)

conjure relic(1)
(magic number 4)
Reveal the top card of the villain deck until a relic is revealed, put it into play, shuffle the other revealed cards into the villain deck. Repeat this text until there are H-2 villain relics in play. The Archmage regains 5 hp.

Will of the master(1)
(magic number 5)
The Archmage deals the hero target with the highest hp 2 psychic damage, play the top card of the villain deck, shuffle this card into the villain deck.

Ongoing(3)

Arcane form(1)
(magic number 3)
When this card enters play if The Archmage is on his "Channeling Archmage" side remove all counters in the mana pool and flip his cards. Reduce damage dealt to villain targets by 1. At the end of the villain turn if there are at least 6-H relics in the villain trash, shuffle the villain trash and play the top most relic.

Aura of the mage(2)
(magic numbers 4 and 1)
At the end of the villain turn The Archmage deals each hero target other than the hero target with the lowest hp 1 cold, 1 fire and 1 energy damage each.

Arcana,One-shot(12)

Mystical slash(2)
(magic numbers 2 and 4)
Reveal the top card of the villain deck. The Archmage deals the hero target with the highest hp (that cards magic number) radiant damage. Put the revealed card into play.

Mind scour(1)
(magic number 3)
Reveal the top 2 cards of the villain deck, (those cards magic numbers) must be discarded among heroes, whenever a hero discards a card this way they deal themselves 1 psychic damage,discard the revealed cards.

Otherworldly banishment(3)
(magic numbers 3,2 and 2)
Revel the top card of the villain deck. Destroy (the cards magic number) hero ongoing or equipment cards. Discard the revealed card.

Scouring darkness(2)
(magic numbers 1 and 4)
Reveal the top card of the villain deck, The Archmage deals the x hero targets with the highest hp H-1 infernal damage where x= the revealed cards magic number. Discard the revealed card.

Gateway to the void(2)
(magic numbers 2 and 3)
Reveal the top 2 cards of the villain deck, The Archmage deals each target the lower revealed magic number infernal damage and each hero target the higher revealed magic number radiant damage. Discard the revealed cards.

Locked in darkness(2)
(magic numbers 1 and 3)
Reveal the top card of the villain deck, The Archmage deals the hero target with the highest hp that cards magic number infernal damage, the 2 heroes with the highest hp cannot play cards until the start of the next villain turn. Discard the revealed card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Guzman
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Really liked this deck. Arcane Form though should have another ability so it is not a dead card in case Archmage is on his backside. Maybe just play the top card of the deck or flip him back to his other side, or heal, or something that would feel like he is utilizing his fullest potential.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Dexter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Interesting. I wonder if the damage from the front side may be too much in a 5-hero game, but I'll have to play before I give my opinion on that. High damage can be good stuff.

One question: Arcane Form says "if there are at least H-6 relics in the villain trash". Should this read 6-H? (so 1 in a five person game and 3 in a three person game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benton Winfrey
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the comments, I must have missed the typo on arcane form but its fixed now. The damage he deals at the end of turn is meant to be a little high because many of his cards don't deal any damage at all and I wanted to make sure he was still hitting the heroes with enough damage to be a threat. Arcane form already reduces damage dealt to villain targets by 1 until the heroes can destroy it as well as bring back relics, but I might add something to that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.