Subject: Expectation of Fan-Made Scenarios? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Reverman
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hello all!

My girlfriend and I are rather excited about this game. We don't have much experience with FFG LCG's, but we rather enjoy the Lovecraftian Mythos and the other FFG games in the series. More relevantly, we don't have any experience with LOTR LCG, but we have noticed the huge and dedicated fan base.

With that being said, for those who are familiar with LOTR LCG, were there a lot of fan made scenarios for LOTR? How were they? I am just trying to gauge if that support might carry over to AH LCG, because more quality missions is never a bad thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek J
United States
California
flag msg tools
There were a lot of fan scenarios in the beginning life of LOTR LCG since there was a huge gap between the Core sets and the first chapter pack. FFG got a lot better releasing new content every month so I didn't find many custom scenarios after that. The fan made scenarios for LOTR all extended the life of the Core set by re-using the encounter sets to build new quests.

I expect the same with AH if we don't get the first Deluxe anytime soon. Though it looks like Dunwich is going to drop sooner rather than later since it's already on the boat. So by end of year hopefully we'll have 6 scenarios to play with (3 Core, 1 stand alone, 2 Dunwich).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And one of those custom scenario developers is now AH's own Matt Newman! There have been some big and small fan expansions, they still seem to sneak out occasionally.

I wouldn't be surprised to see people have a go at some more down the line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.