First Class: All Aboard the Orient Express» Forums » Rules

Subject: Die erste Spielendekarte rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
niels israel
Germany
flag msg tools
Hallo, es werden ja zu Beginn des Spiels
Spielendekarten plus 1 ausgelegt.Reihum wählt jeder eine Karte und legt diese verdeckt vor sich ab.
Meine Frage. Wird die Aktion auch ausgeführt? Wenn ich eine Spielendekarte kaufe bekomme ich ja immer gleich die Aktion, nur zu Spielbeginn war es mir nicht ganz klar.

Danke für die Antworten.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
English answer to a German question:

This is just my opinion, but from translating the rules from German to English, since it does not specify that you perform the action on the End of Game card you draw at the start of the game, I would say that you do not get to do so. Only when you acquire more End of Game cards throughout the game (by purchasing them or receiving them from an Action card) do you get to perform the card's action at the time you acquire it.

I hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. O. Schaefer
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Die erste Spielendekarte; endgame scoring cards drafted at the beginning of the game
Walt has to be right. As the cards are dealt face down and kept face down it makes no sense to perform the action. It's also a subtle way to compensate starting player advantage as last player picks first and has not only the broadest choice, but doesn't have to give away any information about his card. I'm not sure, however, if that is useful strategy wise. So just treat the card like the one you get face down in Stone Age. Still they could have been explicit on this - like they did in Stone Age, if I remember correctly.

Also note, that they skipped that part when explaining the game in Essen. For simplicity reasons obviously every player simply was dealt a random card. I can understand this, but don't understand why they did not mention there exist also modules C, D and E (my fault - I didn't read the rules beforehand). This is a big selling point and if they would have mentioned it, I probably would have just bought the game there.

Etwas kürzer auf deutsch: Da die Karten verdeckt gemischt und abgelegt werden, macht es für mich keinen Sinn, die Aktion auszuführen und Walt muss Recht haben. Behandle die Karte wie die eine Stone Age-Karte, die man verdeckt bekommt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
niels israel
Germany
flag msg tools
Thank you for the answers.

I have another question for the vip cards, so the vip card is going to my first train what happend if do upgrade the train? Can i keep the vip?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
After speaking with the rules editor this afternoon I can confirm you don´t get the bonus of the scoring card you get at the start of the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
nielsepielse wrote:
Thank you for the answers.

I have another question for the vip cards, so the vip card is going to my first train what happend if do upgrade the train? Can i keep the vip?

You keep the Vip
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.