Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: confused about damage cards that slot and maybe resolving damage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I know I've seen this before but I can't remember what the answer was. On the damage cards that you slot into your board. The rulebook says roll a die and place it, then it will be an action when you activate. Okay, fine.

Then there is a blurb about how that nay effect future damage that turn, huh? Then the tutorial says if you draw one, resolve the effect, then roll a die and slot it. So this could cause you to move and take damage from other sources?

So what is it, do you resolve the card and slot, or just slot? And how do you resolve damage, say it makes you move next to another minion you were not previously next to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:
Then there is a blurb about how that nay effect future damage that turn, huh? Then the tutorial says if you draw one, resolve the effect, then roll a die and slot it. So this could cause you to move and take damage from other sources?

I'm not sure where it says it affects future damage. I thought how it works is when it's your turn to resolve damage, you calculate how much damage you're going to take based on the number of adjacent minions, and resolve that number of damage cards, even if the first damage card causes you to move to a new location (for example).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
bigGameGeek wrote:

I'm not sure where it says it affects future damage. I thought how it works is when it's your turn to resolve damage, you calculate how much damage you're going to take based on the number of adjacent minions, and resolve that number of damage cards, even if the first damage card causes you to move to a new location (for example).

This is correct.

Also, when you take slot damage, you execute that damage before you slot it. And for future turns, when that slot comes up, you execute it again until it is repaired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the confusion may have been caused by the statements that say taken damage can affect the damage other Mechs might take later in that turn... That is the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Maxcy
United States
Lexington
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It may be worded as such to account for spiked walls and lava. When damaged by those you resolve the damage and then continue executing your command line. It's possible the slotted damage might get added to the end of your program that you haven't executed yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
arcnarenth wrote:
It may be worded as such to account for spiked walls and lava. When damaged by those you resolve the damage and then continue executing your command line. It's possible the slotted damage might get added to the end of your program that you haven't executed yet.

Bingo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.