Hoplomachus: Origins» Forums » General

Subject: CARTHAGE Wishes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the announcement of the new city expansion, it got me thinking of what we are going to get when they come out.
At the moment I am thinking that CTG will offer the stock gladiators listed below -

1 x City Chip
2 x Archers
2 x Defenders
2 x Attackers
2 x Tacticians
2 x Special City Gladiators
1 x Champion
4 X Tactics

I think this would be a great starting pack and would bring Carthage in line with the other cities.

What I am hoping for though is everything above in a separate pack or all packed together with whats listed below

Carthage Expansion (Addon Chips)
Beast and Master
1 x Beastmaster
1 x Beast
Blade's Edge
1 x Equipment
1 x Extra Champion
Legends of the Sand
2 x Unique Gladiators
1 x Unique Tactic

Hopefully we get something like this to help keep the collections complete and not sway people to play other cities just because they have Beasts or Unique gladiators.

Any thoughts ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just got into Hoplo but am looking forward to diving in head first! This list looks really solid! I'm trying to guess at what their map would entail.

With Carthage being involved in the Spartacus TV series, I would love to see some nods to the show.

Regardless, I'm stoked for this next set!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VictimOfGravity wrote:
I've just got into Hoplo but am looking forward to diving in head first! This list looks really solid! I'm trying to guess at what their map would entail.

With Carthage being involved in the Spartacus TV series, I would love to see some nods to the show.

Regardless, I'm stoked for this next set!

If you love the Spartacus TV show you should check out this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnZQPp9bT0g
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul, those created chips turned out great! I'd love to eventually put together some awesome chips like this.

One of my hopes is to put together a "gods" version of Hoplomachus. Almost like the MOBA Smite. Plenty of gods to choose from for a bunch of pantheons. Imagine playing as Zeus or Hades against Hermes or Athena! The mats, abilities, and use of chips makes it an incredible possibility!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Berg
Norway
Greverud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

First of all great news and I totally agree with you.

I can't imagine that they wont produce the add on chips, it would be illogical to have less chips for one nation.

The question is if it is one or two packs.
Personally I would prefer one "expensive" pack rather than two "cheaper" packs and I guess most players would like the whole set.

As I have not tried Origins yet I do not know if any "Nationspecificchips" in Origins can/will be used in TLC/RoR, but if so, I hope they will produce that as well so that each city has an equal amount of chips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wielgus
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone!

We're not releasing many details now (and we're 100% working on the final touches for Bones at the moment anyway), but you can rest assured that the Carthage expansion will bring it fully in-line with the other cities. We wouldn't want Carthage to feel like a "lesser" city to play. Hope that whets your appetite :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fee Weasel
United States
Lake Jackson
Texas
flag msg tools
…so do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
badge
...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghillie Gearloc wrote:
Hey everyone!

We're not releasing many details now (and we're 100% working on the final touches for Bones at the moment anyway), but you can rest assured that the Carthage expansion will bring it fully in-line with the other cities. We wouldn't want Carthage to feel like a "lesser" city to play. Hope that whets your appetite :-)

I wouldn't expect anything less from CTG! Now I have to pass the time while I not only wait for some Carthaginians but also Too Many Bones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.