Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Anzaldo
Mexico
Mexico
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two issues with it. I have no idea how to use the insert provided with Vinhos. I'ts a great quality insert but I have found no picture of how to sort all the its on it.

Second and in the case of my version, which I got in the KS with all the goodies. I have with my version both islands as part of the items, and the little tray which can handle the 9 original regions, don't have a space for the two new regions.

Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ponsonby Britt, OBE
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mictlan wrote:
Am I missing something?

Perhaps these threads?

Utilizing the Insert

Putting it Away

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Organizing the insert is part of the fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ACGalaga wrote:
Organizing the insert is part of the fun

It's a 2-in-1 game--organizing the organizer is the dexterity/puzzle game thrown in for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mictlan wrote:
I have with my version both islands as part of the items, and the little tray which can handle the 9 original regions, don't have a space for the two new regions.

A lot of us like to put the wine tokens in the little tray and use it like a bank. Makes more sense since you only setup once but you have to produce and spend wine tokens constantly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sat and organized mine last night. I was worried about the insert as well, but when I took everything out and sorted, I was actually amazed at how well the insert DOES hold and organize everything.

Here is what I did:

1) All regular game components (enologists, farmers, renown cubes, porto tiles, etc) are kept in 1 of the baggies. This includes the upgraded versions such as the wine bottles. You will need these every game so no real need to sort them separately. When you play, just dump them out and move them to where they should go.

2) All "expansion" components such as the tourists, 4 extra barrels and wooden wineries are in 1 of the large baggies.

3) The 4 small baggies each holds the player pieces - barrels, meeple, markers and individual fair tiles (for the 2010 vintage).

4) All the baggies go in the large flat space they were originally packed in along with the blue sea tiles (which are at the bottom of the pile).

5) I sorted all the wine expert tiles based on colour (keeping the "base game" experts on top of each stack). The deeper end trays nicely hold all experts for two colours.

6) I put all the money tokens into the other two trays beside the wine experts.

7) I stacked up vineyard region tiles into 3 stacks. These all nicely fit into one of the end trays. Technically they fit into a half side of one tray. In the other half I stacked the basic wine cellar tiles.

8) One spot for all the green magnate tiles. One spot for all the purple. I believe I have the weather tiles sharing space with these.

9) The final spot holds all of the expansion tiles (regions 10 and 11 as well as the "double" tiles).

10) and of course, the wine tiles go in the removable tray. Most #s have their own spot except 7/8, 9/10/11 and then 12 plus. *edit* I notice that many are posting they are trying to use this tray for the region tiles? I just assumed everyone got (or followed) the Kickstarter campaign. This tray was a stretch goal and intended from the start to hold the wine tiles.

I think that is everything. Not only does it all nicely fit and is sorted to accommodate any version or expansions you want to play, but there is actually a little room left over. Which is why I love have that plastic cover to keep everything from dumping out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to describe my solution without pictures.

Assume Top is the part of the insert that sits lower and bottom is the higher rising part.

From left to right, top to bottom.

Top Row
Expansion Experts - Regular Experts - Magnate/Multiplier Tiles - Cellars/Double Estates/8 Season Tiles (forgot the real name ugh sorry).

Bottom row
Money - Vineyards - Estate Tiles - Expansion Stuff, basically stuff that is only used with the 4 expansions such as the 4 vineyard cover tiles, the 9th "0" season tile, etc stuff that won't be used every game basically)

The Wine quality tiles are in the 3x3 case filled as such -
1 - 2 - 3
4 - 5 - 6/9
7/8 - 10/11/12/13/14 - 8 Porto tiles

All the wooden bits are separated into bags but the game didn't come with enough baggies so I had to add in more (I want each player to have their own baggy for all of their pieces).

The Cards and extra islands are kept in their place under the wine quality tiles.

Not claiming it is the best but it works great for me and makes for a pretty quick set up.

Only real downside is sorting the #1 - #11 vineyard tiles each game but it is easy enough task to give to one player while someone else sets up the rest of the game board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.