Subject: Great Solo Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt B
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was the early 1800s and my loyal troops had pitted themselves against the great Shere Khan. Shere Khan had allied himself with the Russians and threw vast sums of money into securing both Persia and Punjab. Struggling we had found an ally with the British forces and had small forces deployed to Transcaspian and Kandahar.

Although Shere Khan had the sheer numbers and a seemingly endless supply of wealth, my agents went to work right away. Khan had been recruiting troops so quickly he didn't even realize the spies that had infiltrated his most trusted political advisors camps. The assassins struck one, then another, and a final blow, wiping out Shere Khan's military generals and political advisors.

While Shere worked to recover the British troops rallied behind the victory and began to get a foothold in Kabul and Herat. Roads and infrastructure were constructed quickly to alleviate movement back and forth between these new colonies.

But alas, Shere Khan was not to be thwarted. Using Russian might, piece by piece, he began to dismantle the fragile empire the British and I had sewn together. My tribes scattered, the British regiment in tatters, I stared at our strategic position and pondered long and hard how to beat Shere Khan at his own game. Time was running out, when brilliance struck. Apologizing to the British, my assassins struck one more time, but this time in order to gain a prize that would ally us with the dreaded Russians. Now it became a race, could I, the new Russian upstart, gain enough influence to overtake Shere Khan's foothold?

Buying gifts for the new Russian Ambassadors I quickly surpassed the Khan's offerings. Not to be thwarted however, he closed the gap putting both of us on equal footing with the mighty Russian empire. This was not good, if we ended this way Shere Khan would surely topple me from victory.

In a stroke of luck the Khan becoming even more greedy, acquired several economic advisers the Russians weren't too fond of. My spies had one last mission. Assassinating one the Khan's newest advisers, taking credit for the kill, the Russians smiled on me.

I quickly declared the Russian Empire the true rulers of Central Asia and they looked upon me with favor. On that day, Shere Khan was executed, at the hand of one of my most successful assassins.

(Great game, came down to last card really. Barely pulled out a win, great solitaire rules. And again fascinating game which unfolds a story.)

Edited: For readability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior A
Israel
flag msg tools
With or without the expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt B
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Without.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Deverell
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to playing this solo as it is difficult to find opponents.

How long did the solo game take?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.