Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
People who want to do print and play want to do that -- print and play the game. You need to provide the PDF to make their own hex map.

There might be some people who are willing to buy a map/game to use, but I suspect most would not want to.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew O
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with what he said above. There are several things you could do.

1. Purchase the board for play testers and have it shipped to them. This gets expensive, but allows you to have the game play tested. This would probably limit the number of test plays.
2. have print files for the entire board. Having people print and cut out everything is very time consuming, so I'd make it as easy as possible.
3. Give play testers a free copy of the game and stretch goals upon completion of a successful KS campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guest Starring...
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigilgame wrote:
We used Magic the Gathering's board game for most of our initial testing and didn't know if it would be asking too much from play testers to purchase that game for $10-15 on Amazon in order to test our game?

Yes, it would be asking too much.

Of course it would be asking too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.