United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to paint these minis but, I have not painted a set in 15+ years and have started to doubt myself. Has anyone done just an ink wash on them how do they look?

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hutchinson
United Kingdom
Canterbury
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I came here this morning to post my progress on this very thing! I would recommend it. Photos posted in this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1661505/painting-coloured-p...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Wash all the monsters. Take your time and paint the heroes. It's worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Conan is nowhere to be seen but I recently got back in to painting minis a month or so ago after a 15 year hiatus. Well worth it, but tough to get back in to the habit. If I can do this (after nerve damage) you can too.

Take your time and don't expect perfection at first. My second set looks a lot better than the first, except for the one guy whose hair appears t be growing from the side of his face.

My big advice (other than just start) is to not mix colors at first - just open the bottle (or tube) and start painting. You will make mistakes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
An alternative is to prime them black and then zenithal highlight them with white or whatever color you want. White makes it easy to come back and paint later if you want.

There is a good tutorial on how to do this with either an airbrush or spray cans here at the 3:50 mark of this video:

And here are some unpainted and primed models side by side:

If you don't want to paint them from this point you could just color the bases or wash them with colors of your choice, or use colored zenithal highlights instead of white
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.