United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
I became fed up with the code for the avatars here, so I rewrote it last night to be more optimized.

If anyone sees a problem with avatars on the site, let me know and I'll give ya 5

P.S. I already fixed the admin,publisher,designer badges showing up for everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For a moment I felt like Indianna Jones in "Raiders of the Lost Ark" in the opening scenes where he takes the bag of sand and swaps it with the Idol.

I thought for SURE I was golden and outta the woods! Then all hell broke lose and Belloq ended up with my prize. Easy come, easy go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, a minute ago, everyone was a BGG admin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy Cox wrote:
Well, a minute ago, everyone was a BGG admin.

And a designer and a publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
When I heard the learn’d astronomer; When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me; When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them; When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with
badge
much applause in the lecture-room, How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick; Till rising and gliding out, I wander’d off by myself, In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time, Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars. W.W.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if this is intentional or not, but the supporter tooltip only shows up when you hold the mouse over the 'patron' block. It doesn't show up when you hover over the 04/05/06/07 blocks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
When I heard the learn’d astronomer; When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me; When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them; When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with
badge
much applause in the lecture-room, How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick; Till rising and gliding out, I wander’d off by myself, In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time, Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars. W.W.
mbmbmbmbmb
The 'Add GeekBuddy' tooltip says 'Tags'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erwin Lau
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops I added myself as my geekbuddy. How to remove it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
My Golden Meeple seems to have gone missing along with a few thousand devil

Apart from that I haven't noticed anything that hasn't already been mentioned except for not finding that second (and third) tier of microbadges
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
ErwinLau wrote:
Oops I added myself as my geekbuddy. How to remove it?

My Geek > GeekBuddies then click on Edit GeekBuddies then find yourself and click on [Remove Buddy]

P.S. The Last Seen dates on that screen are weird, or just plain wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Under 'Edit GeekBadge', the 'Badge Preview' is not showing my badge (it says, 'Katrina Relief').

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that the username has become a direct link to the user's profile, and that the User Profile icon, now redundant, has been removed.

Anything that reduces clutter without reducing functionality or usability is a Good Thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
"I 'got' a ROCK!" soblue
Hey I just noticed this and it doesn't appear to be a "bug", while it now looks like you can 'click' on the "username" of anybody and bring UP their 'profile'!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Here's something I also just noticed and it would count as a "bug", but when I go to EDIT this through a DELETE then some "new user"-no-name shows up as the person doing that!
surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ferro
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mb
Just now when replying to a single item on a geeklist: after submitting, my avatar block (such as it is) showed up normally, but during Preview it showed up with no name, no username, a "BGG|NEWUSER" badge, and a "PATRON|05" badge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
"I 'got' a ROCK!" soblue
Hey I just noticed this and it doesn't appear to be a "bug", while it now looks like you can 'click' on the "username" of anybody and bring UP their 'profile'!

The icon you usually click to go to a persons profile is now gone and replace with the username being a link to the profile itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
noisycrow wrote:
Under 'Edit GeekBadge', the 'Badge Preview' is not showing my badge (it says, 'Katrina Relief').

Fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Actually, you can STILL go to their "profile" from their 'avatar', so we gots THAT "going" for us now too. For the less fortunate or even the laziest 'ones', then they'll have to rely on the other method eh?
laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
JonRock wrote:
Just now when replying to a single item on a geeklist: after submitting, my avatar block (such as it is) showed up normally, but during Preview it showed up with no name, no username, a "BGG|NEWUSER" badge, and a "PATRON|05" badge.

Fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Hey! there was NO 'avatar' with these EDITS and especially the DELETES, so can I get me MY '5'- now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Madeira
Portugal
Porto Salvo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this is new, but I'm getting messages in duplicate when my mouse pointer hovers over most of the links; one comes from the javascript and the other from HTML "alt" tag. The "alt" text covers part of the javscript hover text, so I think one of them should be removed.

I'm using IE7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
ricmadeira wrote:
Not sure if this is new, but I'm getting messages in duplicate when my mouse pointer hovers over most of the links; one comes from the javascript and the other from HTML "alt" tag. The "alt" text covers part of the javscript hover text, so I think one of them should be removed.

I'm using IE7.

Good point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The pop-up message for mousing over an Ubergeek badge seems to say that it is just a normal geekbadge.

Edit: Apparently it's 'official' name is a "tooltip?"... yeah, that thingy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mb
FYI - The "Purchase Avatar" form asks for a "New Password" instead of merely "Password". (I don't expect 5GG for reporting this.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
laugh Thanks for the and NOW I can "tip" some people who sure should deserve this with!
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie,

The little icon to the left of the email one is gone. It is the one you click to see someone's profile. I see you can do it if you click on their actual avatar, but I am not sure if you wanted to get rid of the little one since you now can't access the profiles of new users who do not have avatars.

Gary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.