Hide
4 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spear specialization question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hugh Jorgan
msg tools

"When attacking with a spear, if you draw a trap, roll 1d10. On a 7+, cancel the trap. Discard it, then reshuffle the hit location discard into the hit location deck and draw a new card.

Limit, once per round."

I admit, I've never read this card carefully and I've always been simply discarding the trap and reshuffling the entire HL, and HL discard deck, which seems wrong.

From what I understand, one simply reshuffles the discard pile, with the trap card in it, and then what?
Do you put the reshuffled discard pile on the top of the HL deck?
The 2nd way seems far less OP'd, you'd have to wait till you have a sizable HL discard pile to minimize the risk of drawing it again.

Or, was I right the first time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
TR
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
you should reshuffle the trap into the HL deck with the rest of the discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Artl
United States
New Berlin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should do exactly what the card tells you to do.

If you roll a 7+ you cancel the trap and discard it.

Then reshuffle the discard pile (which now has the trap in it) into the hit location deck, thus you're reshuffling everything except any other hit locations just drawn as part of this attack.

Then draw a new card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.