Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Lautenbach
Netherlands
Amersfoort
NL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone tell me if the development card "Espionage" lets me look at my opponent's entire hand and then select a card, or do I get to pick a random card from his hand without looking at them? Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bronswijk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From my understanding, both of your suggestions are wrong. You do not look at your opponent's entire hand. But it is also not random, because the card text says "choose", and you can see the backside of the cards, which is a lot of information at this game.

So if you keep in mind which cards your opponent bought during the game, you might know what card effect can be on the front side of a particular backside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Lautenbach
Netherlands
Amersfoort
NL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Andre - does this mean that your opponent is required to clearly show you the backs of his hand cards whenever you ask him? Near the end of the game, they are not always visible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bronswijk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules don't say anything about that, but I play the game that way. For me it is a natural thing that you can see the backsides of all cards of the other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Liu
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andre is correct.

You should try to remember which cards an opponent bought in each age. When you activate Espionage you can ask them to show the card backs to you, and will have a good chance of choosing the correct card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Lautenbach
Netherlands
Amersfoort
NL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense. Thank you both!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.