A Feast for Odin» Forums » General

Subject: We love it. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
n1x17 n1x17
Philippines
flag msg tools

Thank you Uwe for this awesome game.
My copy arrived yesterday in the Philippines.
We have Agricola, Caverna, Le Havre, Ora et Labora,
Gates of Loyang, & Fields of Arle.

My wife's favorite is Ora et Labora.
Mine is Caverna.
We played a 4 player game last night.
We never touched the exploration boards though because
we got scared of negative points.
This is our new favorite game.
Lots of depth, meaningful choices, lots of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The good news is that you have a lot to look forward to. The different occupations change each game, and the learning experience is really fun.

This is a game where we started and scored very low. Filling your home board is hard! Then we played again, and filled it, and scored much higher...and it goes up from there. You can literally see yourself getting better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan
United Kingdom
Kings Langley, Herts, UK
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Make sure you have a large table....the game does fill out over the area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Lindrupsen
Norway
Fredrikstad
Østfold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GAFBlizzard wrote:
The good news is that you have a lot to look forward to. The different occupations change each game, and the learning experience is really fun.

This is a game where we started and scored very low. Filling your home board is hard! Then we played again, and filled it, and scored much higher...and it goes up from there. You can literally see yourself getting better.

I totally agree! This is one of the few games I just want to play again and again! I've had the game for a week, and will play it for the 5th time tonight. I usually never get to play such a big game that many times in such a small amount of time! Have fun exploring and getting better
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Avery
Canada
Kamloops
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If just one of you had taken an extra Exploration board, and really focused on getting the extra goods, there is a good chance that person might have won the game. You'd be surprised how good those extra boards are.

I've seen a lot of posts by first time players saying that no one took extra boards in their first play. My opinion is that the game is at its best when you are taking some risks and acquiring those boards.

Just my 2 cents, but I'm 16 plays in and sometimes take three exploration boards when playing...

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I lost my first game BECAUSE I took an exploration board and ended up with like -30 points from it. I've never beaten my girlfriend at the game, though, exploration boards or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.