Subject: wine expert: take 1 barrel rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeroen Van Hecke
Belgium
Lovendegem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the wine expert which allows you to take 1 barrel be used while resolving a sales or export action?

For example, is it possible to:
1) sell a wine
2) use the expert to take that barrel back
3) sell a second wine using the same barrel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you cannot interrupt an action to use a magnate tile for a different action. See here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1655999/2016-rules-wine-exp...

You can, however, use a wine expert ability if it complements the magnate action. For example, you can use the magnate action that lets you buy a vineyard for 1 less bago and also use the wine expert that lets you pay one less 1 for a total of 2 less bago for one vineyard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Van Hecke
Belgium
Lovendegem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that this is the case for magnate tiles.

However, my question was about the wine expert tiles. The rules about the expert tiles only specify that these can be used during your turn.

As some expert tiles even have to be used during a specific action, we are wondering if it is possible to combine selling or exporting wine with the expert tile which allows you to take 1 barrel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, hopefully: 2016 - Lisboa, 2017 - A Colony in Mars, 201? - Escape plan
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot interrupt any action. You need to complete it first.
So you make your selling, and then use the expert to take the barrel, or you use the expert to take the barrel and then use it to sell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sikahert wrote:

However, my question was about the wine expert tiles. The rules about the expert tiles only specify that these can be used during your turn.

My apologies. I was trying to be helpful, but it was very late.

I'm glad Vital cleared it up. Although I said "magnate tiles", the general rule seems to hold: you cannot interrupt an action to use a tile to perform a different action. Since retrieving a barrel isn't part of a sales action, it isn't allowed. Only tiles that compliment each other can be played simultaneously.

(I can't wait to play this game again!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.