Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Diogo Poupado
Portugal
Ourém
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
'From the Rulebook of the 2015 reprint' wrote:
"If you are playing with four or five players, then a Clan's power activates as long as there is no other Follower of the same Clan in the skirmish with a strenght equal to or less than the strenght of your Follower."

Why would it mention an equal strenght? Is this regarding only the Bruce Clan, since that's the only Clan with 2 cards of the same strenght?

- If so, this means that a Bruce card is impossible to activate if there's one already in play, in a 4 or 5 player game, right?

- While in a 2 or 3 player game, it can still be activated even if there's another Bruce card in play, as long as that's the only card in play or if all the other cards in play have a Strenght of 12.

Am I right here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that your reading of the rules is correct, but I'm not sure how others play or what the designer's intent was.

There was some discussion of this in the following threads (including some input from the designer), but the discussion suggests that, with the rules for 4-5 players, the power of a Bruce card could always be used (even for the second one played to a skirmish). The designer himself didn't suggest that, so far as I could tell.

4-5 player game - Remove Bruce Clan? Each Bloodline vs. All Bloodline
How to use Bruce cards in a 4+ player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diogo Poupado
Portugal
Ourém
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:
There was some discussion of this in the following threads (including some input from the designer), but the discussion suggests that, with the rules for 4-5 players, the power of a Bruce card could always be used (even for the second one played to a skirmish).

That's not what's written in the rules for 4-5 players. What you mention here is how it works for the normal game of 2-3 players.

In the 4-5 players rules, I see 2 changes from the 2-3 players rules:

1. To activate a Power, you only look at other Followers of the same Clan as the one you're trying to activate when comparing Strenght values.

2. A Clan Bruce Follower can never be activated if there is already another one in any player's army, since they're from the same Clan and the rules state you can't activate a Follower's Power if there's already a Follower in play from the same Clan, with its Strenght equal to or less (and not only less, like in the 2-3 player rules) than the Follower being played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.