Subject: Card Sleeve Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Mitchell
Australia
South Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
It's a bit of an obscure question that's not related to the game exactly, but I sleeve most of my games and wanted to do so with Leaving Earth as well (because it's beautiful and will, I imagine, eventually be unavailable).

I saw it mentioned elsewhere that you can use mini CD sleeves for the square cards in the game, and they do indeed fit. But I was just wondering if anyone who knows more than me about this kind of thing than me would know if it matters what these sleeves are made of for long term storage.

A lot of card sleeves say they are 'acid free' and 'archive safe' - does this mean that I shouldn't be using sleeves that aren't specifically made for this kind of card sleeving?

The mini CD sleeves I bought are made of polypropylene (OPP).

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fram what i kon polypropylene is acid free, so you are good to store cards in those sleeves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
Australia
South Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Thanks Pawel, I appreciate it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baron von Doom
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May I ask where you were able to find these for purchase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ Davis
msg tools
I am curious to know this too. I am in the US and have been unable to find these sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
I don't even know where I live anymore
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Are these the kind of mini CD sleeves you're talking about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ Davis
msg tools
Ordered these sleeves to test them out. They are a bit snug, but otherwise work great! There are flaps which I debated cutting off, but decided to just tuck them in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.