Keyflower» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some questions after the first play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Loonen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Hi all

yesterday played my first Keyflower game! Had a lot of fun, but still have some questions;

- If I bid with the green meeple. Does it get put in de bag or the green meeple pile? (I know this happens with unbid green production meeples).

- Why would you ever lose an auction meeple? It's always better to relocate it to your village to do a production action right?

- The last 2 seasons I pumped 1-2-3 workers in the Keymine tile to create 9 iron per season. Is this allowed? Couldn't find why not, but feld a bit broken to me.

- If played with 4 players and I won the auction on the 1-tile for the boat choice AND also won the auction for the Meeple tile. Do I receive the first boat choice + purple meeple?

I don't really understand the latest end scoring;

Only resources that have been placed on the autumn barn, blacksmith, stone yard and timber yard tiles during the course of the game maybe kept on those tiles for scoring purposes.
(but resources MAY also be kept on other tiles if I want to right?)

Resources remaining in the barn, blacksmith, stone yard and timber yard cannot also be counted for the other resource scoring tiles the jeweller, mercer‘s guild, watermill and windmill.(clear, so no double scoring)

All other resources, skills and workers can be allocated as required to the other scoring tiles. No transport is required. Each item can only be scored once and can only be allocated to one bonus tile. For example a worker cannot be allocated to both the apothecary and the craftsman‘s guild and a resource cannot be allocated to both the watermill and the windmill. (clear, so no double scoring)

The first alinea is a bit confusing and probably poorly translated/writen.

Yesterday I produced a lot of Iron on the Keymine, like 20 cubes. This one was near mine Blacksmith and there were like 3 irons on my Blacksmith tile. In the end scoring fase, I alocated all the Keymine cubes to the Blacksmit to receive 2 points per cube, without transportcosts.

Is this allowed? Or isn't it allowed to alocated TO these 4 tiles?

A lot of text, but thanks in advance for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Loonens wrote:
Hi all

yesterday played my first Keyflower game! Had a lot of fun, but still have some questions;

1) If I bid with the green meeple. Does it get put in de bag or the green meeple pile? (I know this happens with unbid green production meeples).

2) Why would you ever lose an auction meeple? It's always better to relocate it to your village to do a production action right?

3) The last 2 seasons I pumped 1-2-3 workers in the Keymine tile to create 9 iron per season. Is this allowed? Couldn't find why not, but feld a bit broken to me.

4) If played with 4 players and I won the auction on the 1-tile for the boat choice AND also won the auction for the Meeple tile. Do I receive the first boat choice + purple meeple?

I don't really understand the latest end scoring;

5) Only resources that have been placed on the autumn barn, blacksmith, stone yard and timber yard tiles during the course of the game maybe kept on those tiles for scoring purposes.
(but resources MAY also be kept on other tiles if I want to right?)

Resources remaining in the barn, blacksmith, stone yard and timber yard cannot also be counted for the other resource scoring tiles the jeweller, mercer‘s guild, watermill and windmill.(clear, so no double scoring)

All other resources, skills and workers can be allocated as required to the other scoring tiles. No transport is required. Each item can only be scored once and can only be allocated to one bonus tile. For example a worker cannot be allocated to both the apothecary and the craftsman‘s guild and a resource cannot be allocated to both the watermill and the windmill. (clear, so no double scoring)

The first alinea is a bit confusing and probably poorly translated/writen.

Yesterday I produced a lot of Iron on the Keymine, like 20 cubes. This one was near mine Blacksmith and there were like 3 irons on my Blacksmith tile. In the end scoring fase, I alocated all the Keymine cubes to the Blacksmit to receive 2 points per cube, without transportcosts.

Is this allowed? Or isn't it allowed to alocated TO these 4 tiles?

A lot of text, but thanks in advance for your help!

I added numbers for easy reference.

1) It gets put in the bag, and may be randomly drawn later to put on a boat, or from a meeple-producing tile.

2) If you're losing an auction, the meeples on the losing bid are returned to you. There may not always be a production tile available in your village that you can place these workers on, due to color and number restrictions.

3) Sure, that's allowed. They may not score you many points, though. (See answer #5)

4) Yes

5) These 4 tiles ONLY score for resources that are moved onto them during the winter phase. The free allocation of other resources is for bookkeeping of scoring from the winter tiles, which you never get a chance to use transport tiles to move stuff onto. What you did with the mine/blacksmith is not allowed. Your iron that wasn't moved via transport would only score with winter tiles that give points for resources.

To be clear:
Autumn scoring tiles (barn, blacksmith, stone yard and timber yard) only score for resources that are transported onto them during the winter action phase.
Winter scoring tiles can have the remaining resources allocated to them freely, but never double scored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Loonen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Thanks for your reply Byron S. Just awesome!

I'm glad that you cleared the points for me! Especially point 5 felt a bit broken to me.

Now up to the next game with this information!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.