Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
simon rorke
South Africa
Sandton
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The following extract comes from dockmaster Pee Wee Winterbottom's record book documenting the details regarding the ships build out of the province of Anno.

Governess Elaine Marley has commissioned two ships this winter, one called the Tantive 4 and the other the Sometimes Sinking. Dismissing the name was easy since we hold no superstition. The governess ordered that the ships be ready to sail on the first day of Spring.

While the Tantive 4 was diligent in all its operations the Sometimes Sinking was less so. Shortly during the first weeks of spring the ship was violently shaken and crashed into rocks during one of the notable spring thunderstorms. Chalking it up to being unlucky, the Sometimes Sinking was rebuilt and set sail once more.

This time accompanied by local guide Pocahontas the ship managed to land on the shores of Snek Island. Due to a series of unfortunate events with dealing with the locals, tempers flared and the ship was set alight in the bay promptly causing its demise.

Living up to its name the Sometimes Sinking was rebuilt again... A different mission was planned one involving trade and relations, which in no way was an attempt to prevent another sinking. This time Madam Xima a renowned merchant would be leading the expedition a woman know for her pawnshop style bargaining. Nearing the end of Summer the ship while on a routine cargo haul managed to load up on to much iron ore. With far to much weight the ship capsized and sank in the bay of Dune Island

At this point I should assure you that the Pee Wee Dockbuilders craft the finest ships and it is not our responsibility of who is in charge.

Years had passed since Lady Elsa Arendella had the Sometimes Sinking commissioned again. Signalling a new hope and push to regain glory the ship was launched to a thunderous applause. Shortly after leaving harbour the ship sank and after an investigation it was found that the commissioning wine bottle had managed to pierce a hole in the side of the ship.

Four times has the ship sunk 4 times rebuilt, it was at the urging of Morganna Le Fey the famous ship captain that the Sometimes Sinking be rebuilt again. One and a half years later, outfitted with the latest exploratory equipment the ship was ready to discovery bigger and better islands out there to the west for the glory of Anno.

The pages following have been teared out no more records of the Sometimes Sinking are present in the book

TLDR : I named a ship the Sometimes Sinking and it managed to sink 4 times during the prologue and first game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Trammell
United States
Benton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you sink by carrying too much iron?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sethy295 wrote:

That iron absolutely wasn't stolen from the natives, and was definitely legitimately purchased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Epic_Bubblesa wrote:
Nearing the end of Summer the ship while on a routine cargo haul managed to load up on to much iron ore. With far to much weight the ship capsized and sank in the bay of Dune Island

Exactly the same happened to me too! I really don't know whats wrong with this iron. I managed to let both of my ships sink in a single game of 6 turns. arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lactamaeon wrote:
Sethy295 wrote:

That iron absolutely wasn't stolen from the natives, and was definitely legitimately purchased.

Fell off the back of the island, did it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Broadhead
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That post is just awesome sauce. Loved it, thanks again. Paranoid I'll sink my ship so I've been good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.