Hide
8 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pushing the Bomb too far rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Raigada
msg tools
What happens if you push the bomb over the target but the current command card movement doesn't stop there (say you are one space away and you move 2 spaces)?

Do you win immediately as the bomb enters or is there a specific phase where victory is checked?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play through all phases. Even with the bomb in place, you may still lose because of minions may blow it up.

But double checking the rules it reads:

"Once the bomb...."

- you may interpret as immediate end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have official confirmation that the intention is for winning conditions (and losing conditions) to be immediate. As you do move 1 space at a time, you can complete an objective in the middle of a move.

You can even win some Missions in the middle of resolving a stack of damage cards (if you're very lucky on your damage draw).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot reps have repeatedly said on these forums that the win condition is immediate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
world eater
msg tools
I'm satisfied with the clarification around immediate victory (don't resolve anything else after condition is met), but I'm still iffy on the OPs question.

If the movement card I'm executing moves onto and then off of the pad and the bomb comes to rest past the pad before I resolve the next card, have I won?

My expectation would be that the bomb would need to be at rest on the pad at least at the end of card execution if not the whole command line.

TIA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Magallanes
msg tools
Of note, it was stated in another forum that if the bomb had only one damage left and was pushed onto the repair pad with a minion on it, the minion would do damage first and win conditions would not be met. Think of it as tie goes to the minions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
world eater wrote:

My expectation would be that the bomb would need to be at rest on the pad at least at the end of card execution if not the whole command line.

TIA.

Has been confirmed that this is not the case, you win if the bomb reaches the repair pad, even mid move.
Only 1 way the bomb can reach the pad and you still lose the game, if the bomb has only 1 health left and there is a minion standing on the repair pad. Pushing the bomb on the repair pad would cause the minion to damage it thusly triggering the game lost condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
world eater wrote:
I'm satisfied with the clarification around immediate victory (don't resolve anything else after condition is met), but I'm still iffy on the OPs question.

If the movement card I'm executing moves onto and then off of the pad and the bomb comes to rest past the pad before I resolve the next card, have I won?

TIA.

This comes if you think of movement as an atomic action. Instead, you should treat every movement space as a step. This allows you to win or lose the game after each step you take.

Edit: I had an example regarding Lava here, but I had forgotten that Lave stops your movement. Thus, my reasoning was wrong and I removed the example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.