Subject: Expansions please! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zed Lovecraft
Germany
Duesseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that we´ve played a couple of the scenarios, my group an I agree: This game is a gem!

I really regret that I didn´t pledged for the big expansions. Back at the time of the KS it was just a too high investment (on top of my King Pledge) for a game I wasn´t sure if I will like it.

Now that the Expansions are postponed to wave 2 next year I asked Monolith if it would be possible to late pledge for them. Sadly they replied that it won´t be possible.

If Monolith reads this: Any chance that we get a second chance? Maybe as a kind of compensation and goodwill for the rulebook issues we early adopters and fellow backers are going through currently.
Or at least confirm that we can pick them up in retail later on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shark
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If the game does well in sale, there will be addons available at you FLGS for sure.
If you can't stnad waiting anymore, trying a reseller could be a good idea I guess?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashes001 wrote:
Or at least confirm that we can pick them up in retail later on.

The big expansions are all going to be in retail.

Might take a while to get everything sorted, but that surely is their plan (they even listed retail prices with them during the campaign).

Also, some of the small (non-exclusive) expansions are listed in their shop, already. Prices are slightly above what was listed as expected retail prices during the campaign, so I would expect that for the bigger expansions as well (likely $60+ for those).

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed Lovecraft
Germany
Duesseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know. My last info was that the retail availability isn´t sure at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
If they don't change the retail box artwork it will be a fail. There is not a single miniature printed on the back of the boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Garbett
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Will Provide Statistics for Data
mbmbmbmbmb
There's another thread with those who have buyer's regret and they are talking about selling their copies. eBay or direct contact with the disgruntled is probably your best option for the near term.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Hatt
France
Brest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Abbath wrote:
If they don't change the retail box artwork it will be a fail. There is not a single miniature printed on the back of the boxes.

I would be very surprised if a lot of potential buyers would make their decision solely on looking at the box. I think most people wanting to buy the game will go in a stores having already looked at all the available info online and will know what is in the box. I agree that for a small part of the potential buyers DISCOVERING the existence of the game in a store, it might be problematic, but again, everyone has a smartphone and can check additional info online (reviews, pictures) while in the store, before deciding on spending 100+ bucks in a game. I really don't think this would be a major factor in the success of fail of the game sales in stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Groesbeck
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Abbath wrote:

Apparently this is not true, according to some other posts I've seen. The KING pledge box does not picture the minis, but that will not be sold at retail.

The BARBARIAN pledge box does show the minis, and that is the retail version.

I don't have first hand knowledge of this, but that is what I've "heard".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
JamesG wrote:
Abbath wrote:

Apparently this is not true, according to some other posts I've seen. The KING pledge box does not picture the minis, but that will not be sold at retail.

Ah ok, but the addons are also without pictures. The guest boxes are even without artwork of some minitures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesG wrote:
Abbath wrote:

Good points--the King pledge is what most people are looking at, and it's purely for Kickstarter. The Barbarian box is what will hit store shelves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanee wrote:
[q="Ashes001"]Also, some of the small (non-exclusive) expansions are listed in their shop, already.

Short offtopic: Could you give me a link for that, please. I cant find it. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Hatt
France
Brest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Newtpow wrote:
Thanee wrote:
[q="Ashes001"]Also, some of the small (non-exclusive) expansions are listed in their shop, already.

Short offtopic: Could you give me a link for that, please. I cant find it. Thanks!

https://www.asmodee.us/en/games/conan/#

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesG wrote:

I do, and it does.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.