Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I am reading the rules again, after our first play.

On page 12 (English rulebook, downloaded from boardgamegeek) there is a picture on lower right corner and sentence under it:

"Here is an example of how to cover the spaces in the top right
corner without covering the income spaces that you are not
allowed to cover."

(picture with axe, 3 blue tiles and 2 green tiles)

How this placement can be legal? As far as I know under those placed tiles/coins there are income spaces. And income with value 5 is still not covered. Or am I missing something ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah that's an interesting one. You can actually see the little hand symbol underneath saying that those are income spaces.

All i can think is maybe there is a rule that we definitely having been playing - Your income is the lowest value silver space you can see. That's in the rules. But maybe you can cover higher number silver income spaces as long as you leave a lower LEGAL one uncovered...

and then you would have to make sure everything is legal when you cover that lower silver space?

i don't know, that's all i can think of, but we definitely haven't been playing that, we play that you can't cover any higher silver space than the one you are on unless it's a LEGAL move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kieritz
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
There are no income spaces covered by the tiles.
The spaces covered give -1 point when visible.
The income spaces are all in a diagonal and are still visible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clownfeet wrote:
yeah that's an interesting one. You can actually see the little hand symbol underneath saying that those are income spaces.

All i can think is maybe there is a rule that we definitely having been playing - Your income is the lowest value silver space you can see. That's in the rules. But maybe you can cover higher number silver income spaces as long as you leave a lower LEGAL one uncovered...

and then you would have to make sure everything is legal when you cover that lower silver space?

i don't know, that's all i can think of, but we definitely haven't been playing that, we play that you can't cover any higher silver space than the one you are on unless it's a LEGAL move.

I thought the same Daniel - that maybe you can cover higher income leaving lower income space uncovered ... but that would be weird

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
Belgium
Gellik
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Timbo_ wrote:

Did you look in the english rules downloaded from bgg?
It's a misprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AkitaInu wrote:
clownfeet wrote:

I thought the same Daniel - that maybe you can cover higher income leaving lower income space uncovered ... but that would be weird

You can't do that. You have to cover the spaces below and to the left of the income space, as well as cover the square that is defined by those lines.

That's in page 12 of the rulebook, in the little box in the left column, that starts with 'The spaces with the big numbers...'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gr4v3 wrote:
Timbo_ wrote:

It's a misprint.

Kurt, I cannot find that part anywhere ... can you point me to it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
AkitaInu wrote:
Hello,

I am reading the rules again, after our first play.

On page 12 (English rulebook, downloaded from boardgamegeek) there is a picture on lower right corner and sentence under it:

That rulebook file is 2 months old, there is an updated version on the Z-Man website: http://www.zmangames.com/uploads/4/7/1/7/47170931/odin_en_ru...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
Belgium
Gellik
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
AkitaInu wrote:
Gr4v3 wrote:
Timbo_ wrote:

It's a misprint.

Kurt, I cannot find that part anywhere ... can you point me to it?

In the files section. The English rules. The picture everyone is referring to is different from the picture in the German rules, also available in the files section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan The Dwarf
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a misprint there in the rules provided on BGG. The 2 silver, skin and bones, rune stones, fabric and ore should all be moved down 1 space. This is fixed in the rules provided here on the Zman website, http://www.zmangames.com/uploads/4/7/1/7/47170931/odin_en_ru...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.