Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lars Ehresmann
Germany
Haan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
played 4 players, first playfor the others, my second, played without leaders,

grabbed the victory by basically working on 4 cards: 2 yellow guilds (stone/wood to vp) and 2 landscapes producing stone and wood. Then also had 2 characters improving harvesting dice.
That was basically all, did not look for church points during the last 2 epochs, was always last on the military track.

Seems a decent strategy, since the others did not really focus on a strategy (one forced the church track to 30 though, another player collected lilac cards).

Had about 80 points, all others about 70.

Looove this game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filippo de Miccolis
Italy
Magenta
Italia
flag msg tools
mbmb
MMMM I think this strategy isn't really performing.
Becouse in two different match I saw the first player take 110/115 points.

The risk to lose one of this card is very important.

However The last match I do:

I take:
6 blue cards (more concede me an action to take other cards, one is the 2 points for blue cards= 12 points)

6 violet cards (33 points)

4 green card

3 yellow card (no one with points, but make money).

I finish the game in the first position in military track
and I put 4 leaders in game.

total= 114 points .

I love this game too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
Just curious if either of you have ever played Signorie?

Finally got to play this game and was unimpressed. Felt too much like just a heavier, brutal version of Lords of Waterdeep. Doing stuff just to do stuff. Pasted on theme.

I found Signorie to be more thematically aligned with the game and more fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Buhr
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MPMelanchthon wrote:
Just curious if either of you have ever played Signorie?

Finally got to play this game and was unimpressed. Felt too much like just a heavier, brutal version of Lords of Waterdeep. Doing stuff just to do stuff. Pasted on theme.

I found Signorie to be more thematically aligned with the game and more fun.

Wow. Totally different impression for me. Waterdeep is an ok game for lighter players. Lorenzo is a much deeper game. Many different paths to victory. Many layers of strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
g colhoun
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
monty_ratarsed wrote:
MMMM I think this strategy isn't really performing.
Becouse in two different match I saw the first player take 110/115 points.

The risk to lose one of this card is very important.

However The last match I do:

I take:
6 blue cards (more concede me an action to take other cards, one is the 2 points for blue cards= 12 points)

6 violet cards (33 points)

4 green card

3 yellow card (no one with points, but make money).

I finish the game in the first position in military track
and I put 4 leaders in game.

total= 114 points .

I love this game too

Wow those are high scores. In the three games Ive played the highest score was around 85. Today's game the winner was 71. These were all played with four players. I'm beginning to wonder if

a) we are playing wrongly
b) you played with 3 or 2?
c) we are not very good at the game!

Im finding the game very interesting and with real depth, though perhaps a touch dry for my tastes; but it keeps me wanting to try again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ld paulson

Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I scored in the 70s in a recent game and that was the losing score. The other two players passed the starting block. Yes, a good shellacking.

The focus on one thing didn't work in my first game. This time, I tried for balance and to stay ahead on the Faith track. That didn't work so well either. Second place at the very last.

It is frustrating!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
g colhoun
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ldpaulson wrote:
I scored in the 70s in a recent game and that was the losing score. The other two players passed the starting block. Yes, a good shellacking.

The focus on one thing didn't work in my first game. This time, I tried for balance and to stay ahead on the Faith track. That didn't work so well either. Second place at the very last.

It is frustrating!

Yes! The frustration here is also the fascination. No strategy seems to dominate the game, and flexibility seems crucial. But second guessing opponents and getting there first at the right time is also vital. Indeed, as a novice, I reckon most games are won by allowing opponents freedom to abuse certain strategies; ignorance of their power until the damage is done.

A wonderful eurogame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ville Heinonen
Finland
flag msg tools
Our games have had way lower scores on all player counts (2-4). Losers have been in the 40's, winners in the 70-80's. Are you guys playing the game right or are we playing it wrong? The game is very harsh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.