Bios: Genesis» Forums » Rules

Subject: Heaven, Earth Event clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I go through Example of Play and (beside others) I'm confused with J8, (p. 43). The description says that clay mound apears. Here confusion comes. As I understood according to rules (D3, p. 10) the new Refugia is created from active Refugia deck. But Vaalbara Breakup event card deactivates Ocenic Landform where clay mound belongs to.
As I read event card (earth, heaven, UV, snowflake) the first new Refugia should come from coastal deck (active) and than second Refugia as well. Cosmic deck is empty, oceanic inactive.

Please coorect me if I'm wrong or missing something (which is not that difficult with this game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mario, You are correct, and the example of play is in error. The new Refugia should come from an active deck, coastal in this case. I have corrected example J8 in the Living Rules to read:
"• Events. Nervously, the players note this is the third cold event; one more and the game will end with a Snowball earth. The cosmos is active, and a seemingly innocuous meteor will allow the Mars-Bug (assumed to have fallen to Earth) to be parasitized. Two new biomes appear, both from the coastal landform deck since the cosmos is empty."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phileklund wrote:
Mario, You are correct, and the example of play is in error. The new Refugia should come from an active deck, coastal in this case. I have corrected example J8 in the Living Rules to read:
"• Events. Nervously, the players note this is the third cold event; one more and the game will end with a Snowball earth. The cosmos is active, and a seemingly innocuous meteor will allow the Mars-Bug (assumed to have fallen to Earth) to be parasitized. Two new biomes appear, both from the coastal landform deck since the cosmos is empty."

Thank you, Phil, for confirmation. I'm glad I understood the rule right. I obviously need to download latest Living Rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry the example of play does not match the rules.

During play testing, new refugia came down from heaven (the highest deck) or earth (the lowest deck). If that deck was also not active, you could be very limited in your biont assignment, unless you had an organism that allowed you to assign to your home row.

The living rule makes sense, and opens up some possibilities by revealing refugia from active decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.