Subject: group move and spent status rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mr. sorsurus
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

I have four german Rifles move in a group. let say A, B, C and D. I activated A and after they (ABCD) have moved, the Russian attack and kill the C platoon and make the platoon D become isolated from the group.

what happen to platoon D?

1. will it be considered 'spent' after A and B has finished their group move/attack.

2. or, it is fresh again and can use its 7ap as a new unit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sorsurus wrote:
Hi,

I have four german Rifles move in a group. let say A, B, C and D. I activated A and after they (ABCD) have moved, the Russian attack and kill the C platoon and make the platoon D become isolated from the group.

what happen to platoon D?

1. will it be considered 'spent' after A and B has finished their group move/attack.

2. or, it is fresh again and can use its 7ap as a new unit?

Don't confuse group activation (several units activated at once, spending from a single AP pool) with group move (units in an activated group moving together).

If you moved them all, then they are all activated and are communally spending AP. If some of them die, that doesn't change that the others are still group-activated.

An activated group does not have to be contiguous, and all units in the group do not have to act each turn. You could e.g. move A (spending AP), then on a later turn move B (spending more AP), then on a later turn move C & D if they are contiguous (spending more AP).

Of course typically you will like to move the whole group (and so they must be contiguous) since that's a more efficient use of APs. But you're not required to, and sometimes there are reasons not to.

Reread 9.0 Shared Activations if this doesn't make sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mr. sorsurus
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
done rereading.

thanx for the explanation. it means that, first, they shared their activation. when they got separated, they are still sharing their 7ap pool. platoon A still can move together with B if they are contiguous. and D can move if they still got their AP.

if D moves next to B, then they can move in a group. (by using from the same 7ap pool)

when the ap reach 0 then all together will be considered spent.

right? thanx again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sorsurus wrote:
right? thanx again!

Yes, sounds like you understand it! Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.