Arthur Rutyna
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Keyflower once and thought it was a good game. At the time I didn't pick it up for my collection for silly reasons (I was going to limit the number of games I owned But now I've changed my position (higher game limits and believe I should own at least 1 game in the KEY series. I'm just not sure which one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mb
In case it matters: the artwork of 'London' is wonderful and really stands out compared to most euros. Realistic and contemporary.

edited to add: I haven't bought the game yet due to similar reasons you had. Silly, silly... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Nealley

Ardmore
Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
I'm a Key collector, and I'm still on the fence as well, because the art of Juliet Breese is an integral part of the series to me.

Also, by early reports, Key to the City is a slightly lighter game than Keyflower- and even if Keyflower is in my Top 10 Games, I'm not 100% convinced that I need an easier version when I already have the original.

So, my recommendation would be for Keyflower, especially if you can get a lower initial price for it- but I do expect Key to the City will be a terrific game if you are leaning that direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also a big fan of the Key series. What ended up being the decisive factor in not getting London are initial session reports indicating that in 2 player games there isn't much tension

Apparently, there are so many tiles available that players do not need to get into each other's way. That was an integral part of Keyflower for me. I'll stick with Keyflower for now: great game and - as others say - I don't need an easier version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
Keyflower is a ten and my favorite eurogame.

Keyttcl is never going to have either one of those distinctions for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
Australia
Hammond Park
WA
flag msg tools
mbmb
I owned Keyflower and I absolutely love it! I was a bit concern the removal of green meeple of Key to the City London, I thought the green meeple give players a bit of surprise and excitement during the bidding phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Jones
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
As already mentioned according to current reports Keyflower is a better 2 player game. Plus at this point there are two expansions for Keyflower, so if you like it there is tons of replay ability. At this point if I could only own one I would get Keyflower it is one of my favorite games. Though I did preorder Key to the city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FWLIW, I preferred KeyLondon after my one game of it. It just felt like a cleaner, smoother version of the same game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.