Hide
7 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Kolo: once or multiple times a turn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Yeo
msg tools
Is Kolo's ability once per turn or multiple times? It doesn't exactly fit the tournament rules description of multiple times as it states 'When another ship in range 1 is defending'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Plummer
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'm pretty sure the "may" means that it is only once per turn.

Full Card text:
Quote:
When a friendly ship within range 1 of your ship is defending, during the declare Target step, your ship may become the target of the attack instead of the friendly ship. Treat the attack as thought your ship were at the same range as the friendly ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To play devils advocate here, "May" in that sentence is just to show that the ability is optional. Nothing says that it cannot be done more than once per turn. I would be interested to see what the official ruling is, but I'm betting that it can be used multiple times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Official ruling AFAIK is only once per turn unless the card says "when attacking/defending" or "each time"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pantner
Australia
flag msg tools
Rule 23 from the tournament rules

Quote:
All cards that contain non-ACTION text abilities that are optionally triggered by a player may only be used once per round per ship per card

it fits this rule as the card text states

Quote:
your ship may become the target of the attack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Plummer
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Ender02 wrote:
To play devils advocate here, "May" in that sentence is just to show that the ability is optional. Nothing says that it cannot be done more than once per turn. I would be interested to see what the official ruling is, but I'm betting that it can be used multiple times.

As Micheal Panter said, the fact it is optional is what makes it once per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan K
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't have a WORF ruling on this (although I have asked in the past...). However, at the U.S. National and World Championships this year, the on-site ruling was that he could be used multiple times per turn (perhaps because the card says "When...defending").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.