Popular Tags: [View All]
al cann
United States
warwick
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

Having a little trouble with the Memory Core card mechanic. Might be a little off on the wording since I don't have the card in front of me. When it says "+2 cards" or "+3 cards", what does that mean? Does that put 2 or 3 cards in the draft pile meaning that when the next round begins, there are more cards to choose from, or does it instantly give that particular player 2 or 3 cards to possibly replace cards on his command line?

Also regarding the +1 card during the draft mechanic. If I were to draft that card, do I immediately add one card to the draft pile?

I looked for clarification on this but didn't see any. Maybe I am dense, but I would have thought I wasn't the only person confused by how this card works. Maybe I think I am smarter than I actually am!

Thanks,
Albcann

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That part of it is modifying the base action of the card, which is to draw extra cards in the Draft phase. This is true for many cards, the extra levels will give modifiers to the base action rather than giving you the complete action.

You don't draw an extra card during the draft when you draft Memory Core. You don't place the card in your program until the entire draft is complete, so there is no way for it to activate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al cann
United States
warwick
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, Jorgen ... thanks. That makes sense.

Albcann

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
albcann wrote:
Does that put 2 or 3 cards in the draft pile meaning that when the next round begins, there are more cards to choose from

Note that it only adds extra cards when the player with the Memory Core is the First Player.

This makes it better in games with fewer players (because that player will be First Player more often).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Chan
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Does the memory core card stack when you have memory cord card on different slots of the command line?

For example, if I have a memory core card in slot 1 and 2, do I deal 2 extra card during drafting? (assuming I am first player).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.