Subject: Thumbing posts ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: 2016 [+] Thumb_First_Post [+] [View All]
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to thumb a post as liked based on the original comment posted by the author of it, as I often thumb the descriptive text and miss the subject one, which to me seems a bit silly, I know I'm old and shouldn't miss things but surely by thumbing the text of the original post you are in effect liking the whole ? Maybe I'm missing some nuance of just liking the the posts subject line. Sorry if this doesn't make 100 per cent sense or if the question has been asked before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(First I'll say the obligatory blah-blah that thumbs have no defined meaning and different people use them differently, yada-yada.)

My take on it:

Thumbing an individual post says you liked something about that specific post.

Thumbing the thread (which I think you mean by "the descriptive text" or "the subject line") means that you like the original post (and you could thumb that post individually as well) or that you think the thread itself (i.e. the entire discussion of multiple posts) is good.

You're never literally thumbing a subject line. You're thumbing a thread, or a comment/post within the thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
When I thumb the thread, my intention is to indicate that the general back-and-forth discussion is interesting and worth reading. It does not necessarily mean I agree with the original post.

When I thumb individual comments, it means I agree with them or I find them amusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge

Do they have these discussions on hotrodgeeks.com?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
further reading for illumination:

/tag/thumb_first_post
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Do they have these discussions on hotrodgeeks.com?

I think maybe those guys don't sit on their thumbs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.