The Bird Told Me To Do It» Forums » General

Subject: KS for this game is live! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/429029786/the-bird-told...
Czacha Games from Poland silently showed up on Kickstarter for the first time with this game. And there is also a possibility of getting polish edition of Impulse (with Zak redesigned graphics)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed it. I love Carl Chudyk's games so this was a no brainer for me.

I am curious if anyone has played it with 4-5 (using two copies) and how it works with that number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It works just like any other Carl game A lot more of chaos (positive chaos, not chaotic chaos). Way harder to plan ahead - game becomes much more tactical and you must adapt to cuurent situation when your turn comes... Also downtime is greater than with 2-3. But it works great. If you played Innovations or Impulse with 4 - then you should have no problem playing BTmtdIt with more than 3.

I mostly played it with 2, but the price is so low... it was a sin not to get another copy even if i will play with 4-5 once/year.

And for those who did not yet backed this - looks like Czacha Games is working hard and if they will keep great communication they are doing now - we will be more than happy
Quote:
UPDATE #1
The Bird Told Me To Do This Update Right Now !!!

Thank you to all current backers! We are very happy with current progress of funding Bird told me to do it. But we all together can do a lot better! Please share information about this great game (and other Carl Chudyk games too!). The more people will hear about it, the more will be infected with bird-mania! And yes… Bird told us to do it! Tricky, little… bird…

We also want to introduce you to one of our little friends - Titmouse, commonly called tit. Can you imagine yelling to someone during gameplay: “Hey, how many tits you have?” Yellow bird on cards is based on Great Tit aka. Parus Major. Can you see resemblence?

It is a widespread and common species throughout Europe, the Middle East, Central and Northern Asia, and parts of North Africa where it is generally resident in any sort of woodland. The great tit is a distinctive bird with a black head and neck, prominent white cheeks, olive upperparts and yellow underparts, with some variation amongst the numerous subspecies. There are currently 15 recognised subspecies of great tit.

IMPULS Q&A

Since we started Bird told me to do it campaign, we received some questions about Impulse Polish Edition. To clarify (hopefully) everything we prepared this small FAQ.

Q: Is Impulse Polish Edition available in English language?

A: No, since it is Polish Edition it is available only in Polish language. But be aware that all the cards are the same as in english Asmadi Games edition - so you can prepare stickers for example and use them to cover polish text with english.

Q: What is the difference between Czacha Games Polish edition and original Asmadi Games version?

A: Polish edition graphical design is based on Zak Eindsvoog retheme. Look for yourself how wonderfull Impulse become after Zak redesigned it:

Q: Will we receive Impulse together with Bird told me to do it, in April 2017?

A: Yes, we will send Impuls Polish Edition together with Bird told me to do it. But! If you want to and are willing to pay extra for shipping we will ship Impuls Polish Edition in December 2016. You will get Impulse much faster, since it is already manufactured and available in Poland. But in taht case we must charge extra for shipping this game. The box is almost 6x bigger and heavier than Bird told me to do it. Estimated cost of shipping of Impuls is 10 pounds to anywhere in the world. If you will wait for April - you will pay shipping cost in pledge manager as stated in project description.

Q: What are those 6 new cards for Impulse You mention?

A: Those are 6 new cards with powerfull actions never seen before, designed by Carl Chudyk and funded as stretch goals during polish Impuls crowdfunding campaign. You do not get those in Asmadi Games edition. These cards are available only in Polish edition.

That is it for our first update! Please share and spread the word about Birds invasion! They already invaded Poland, now it is time for the whole globe!

For some people who love Impulse and are from outside of Poland this looks really great. I did little stickers on Asmadi edition (so it was in Polish) and now you can do it with awesome redesigned version
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If some of you still wonder if such an unknown (outside of Poland) publisher will deliver... No worries! They already did Polish edition of The Bird told me to do it and Impulse (and many other games).
In latest update you can see real photos of Polish edition with some well-though design notes (in my opinion). Here is the update #5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be available only on Kickstarter so grab it now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Publisher is offering free copy of this game
More information in update #12: https://goo.gl/WiIV3u

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last 6 days!
http://kck.st/2eHhTQz
Also still 3 days left to get free copy of this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.