Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fiona Dickinson
United Kingdom
Horley
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recieved the Essen promo with the game in a trade deal and I don't know what Daisy (the 6th pink submarine) is for.

Does it make the game 6 players or is it just an alternative player colour?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
(Just my two cents before the official answer:)
In 6 players (and constant 15 turns per game), the Captain role will meet half the players twice and half the players three times, which is kind of a big difference, putting the game into imbalance.
The cards *will* barely handle the needs of six players, but I guess you'll scrape yourself of some fun. Plus, Daisy doesn't contain the player scoring card, so I daresay it's meant only as alternative submarine (with no changes gameplay-wise).
However, there are some animal tokens in stands, because there is a free space on the Daisy punchboard. And we use one of them as the Captain-pawn, because otherwise it might be hard to keep track of who's the Captain waiting for cards from other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fibobs wrote:
Does it make the game 6 players or is it just an alternative player colour?
Michal is right: an extra submarine is no way near making the game playable with 6 players. Daisy is just a alternative submarine for anyone who likes unicorns and the color pink…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.