7 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Just bought Descent 2nd edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
E G
msg tools
Hi all,

Finally I now own Descent 2nd edition! I held off from buying it due to the need of DM vs other players... but recently found out about the companion app which makes this fully Coop!! Glorious!

My question is to the Descent community, I will mostly be playing with 2 players. Whats the best campaign/scenario to do? Any rules which are not very clear in the rule book which I should be aware of? Any useful tactics to use?

Your advice is most welcome
Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Roehrig
Germany
Leipzig
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I highly recommend using two heroes each for a total of four heroes.
It will make the game alot more challenging for you to remember all the diffrent abilities, but descent is designed to play it with four and every hero number tweak is not ideal.
It is even more fun to have all the diffrent classes in your party. Makes for more clever moves and use of the strenght and weaknesses of the classes.

Everything else is up to you. The App is really good and will provide you with everything to know.

There will come up alot of uncertaintys regarding situations that are not obvious to solve, in that case I recommend to just do what is in the favor of the monsters, like ask yourself "what would the overlord do?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Bohde
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're using the App to play Co-op, there are currently only 3 campaigns:

1) Rise of the Goblins (2-quest Mini Campaign + up to 2 side quests; meant as an intro to the App)
2) Kindred Fire (full campaign)
3) The Delve (not a campaign, but a single quest with rapid progression, meant to be played in a single 2-3 hour session; played in 6 small 2-4 tile stages that are randomized, giving a lot of replayability; also is the only campaign so far that is DLC - $4.99 US on most devices)

The included campaign guide in the core box and any expansion boxes aren't used in the App. You'll need to play traditional Overlord vs Heroes mode or using a 3rd party Overlord Automation tool (check out Redjak's RAOV or RAMV variants here on BGG, I use them and they're very good) to play the included campaigns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan A.Y.
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mb
Try Rise of the Goblins first. Go to this site's file section and grab a hero players' aid, and there might be a file talking about line of sight.

General tactics, don't rush to doors and open them ending your character's turn, unless you are absolutely in a hurry (the app will indicate your pace, if perils starts showing up you have little time).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More advice: Read the win objective carefully and don't waste actions killing every monster on the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Johnson
msg tools
Bohde8781 wrote:
...meant to be played in a single 2-3 hour session...

Lol that's funny. The only way it takes that short a time is if you lose in the first few levels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony B
United States
flag msg tools
cdj0902 wrote:
Bohde8781 wrote:
...meant to be played in a single 2-3 hour session...

Lol that's funny. The only way it takes that short a time is if you lose in the first few levels.

How do you not? That crap is hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.