Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris van Someren
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Say I have 5 Militia and 5 Troops (and 0 Cells) in a Regime Change country. Am I alloyed to Deploy my Troops out of this country, leaving the Militia behind? Or am I still required to keep at least 5 Troops (not Militia) in a Regime Change country?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Bender
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Good question!

Militia cannot "cover" for US Troops in a Regime Change situation. Since Militia mostly represent irregular forces, the US Player must first resolve the Regime Change requirements in some fashion before the Troops could freely Deploy (7.3.1) out of the country. The Regime Change could be resolved by achieving Good Governance, or by event play that ends the Regime Change condition in some way, including the start of a Civil War (11.2.2 6th bullet).

The US Player could perform a Withdraw Operation in the Regime Change situation described above, but must first be Soft and there are other ramifications (see 7.3.5).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris van Someren
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, thanks for the clarification.

And for the great expansion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.