Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
matt v
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm a little confused about the rules regarding evasion checks. Given you are in the same space as a monster goo, do you perform an evasion check when performing any action other than attack?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darkoctavius wrote:
I'm a little confused about the rules regarding evasion checks. Given you are in the same space as a monster goo, do you perform an evasion check when performing any action other than attack?

Thank you.

Essentially yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal K
msg tools
Also when you voluntarily move.
This creates an interesting scenario when you are pushing another Investigator out of a Monster's space and choosing to follow that Investigator.

(https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/231742-push-a...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be exact, it's:
• Before any action other than attack or move.
and
• Before voluntarily exiting a space with a monster.

It's important to mention move as part of the first action, as otherwise you would need to evade twice to move out of the space with a monster, once before the action and once when leaving the space. The way it really works is you only evade once, and that's when leaving the space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Dupree
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Would you have to perform an evade when pushing a monster?

I mean, you're already making a brawn check. Seems crazy to have to evade a monster first in order to test your strength against them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Randymd wrote:
Would you have to perform an evade when pushing a monster?

Yes, you do. Before doing any part of the Push action, you must evade the monster, as it an action which is neither a move nor an attack.

Quote:
I mean, you're already making a brawn check. Seems crazy to have to evade a monster first in order to test your strength against them.

Rules will often have some weird interactions, this is one of them. Think about it as the monster taking a swipe at you before you can get close enough to grapple it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.