6 Posts

Dungeon Saga: Dwarf King's Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Official FAQ and Errata Question Collection rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
Mantic is looking to finish the Dungeon Saga FAQ and Errata. If you have a question you would like an official answer to related to any of the Dungeon Saga products, Ask it here, so it can be passed along since not everyone has access to the Mantic Forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this include the Adventurer's Companion or is it for the base game only?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
I have put threads in each of the expansions forums but people mostly come here so I suggested this one open to "all DS products".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not really a FAQ / Errata related question, but I would like to see one page dedicated about using custom characters in existing campaigns (both printed and digital). Tell whether there are some limitations or minimal requirements players should be aware of when creating custom characters to be able to play the scenarios. For example, at least one player must be able to use Break Ward (how to proceed with giving this ability; what class/race choices does this limit to etc.). And if using locations, how to balance the experience if possible with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Halls
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
questions which came up in our group:

what happens when a character with no ranged dice takes a +1 ranged dice upgrade?

does a cleric only get access to divinity (as it states in his description) or should he get petty magic too (allowing both crystallize and break ward)

should a character have the option to take a feat as a starting bonus (instead of the gold, +1 MV etc) as feats seem a massive waste of a level up otherwise

when the Overlord draws his last card does the game immediately end at that point or does it end when he goes to draw a card and cannot (giving the heroes one final turn to try and scrape a victory)

when generating monsters for an uncharted dungeon should an overlord be able to include bone piles as an additional monster type (2 skeletons and 2 bone piles for example) or is he limited to just bone piles or monsters each time?

there are others i'm sure, but those are the ones we've argued about so far
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Tonge
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Maybe not a real rules query but last time we played i think we determined that a mage with break ward was essential as that's the only class that can get through magically warded locks (of which there tend to be many)

Should the thieves be able to do likewise?
Can anyone else open them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.