mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, another thread about AT vs Euro vs "other"

Polls that come out asking about what game types they prefer (yes, I put up several polls asking that) sometimes leave out an option that represents gamers who prefer NOT to be put in a box (I actually did include that option on my last poll and bacon).

For me, I don't mind having a label put on me about the type of games I prefer but the funny thing is that I THINK I like strategy games (typically Euro) but my top 10 list & hot 10 list may say otherwise....

maybe I should just enjoy the games I DO play a lot and not worry about being labeled, right?

Top 10 - Games that I have played the most lifetime.
#1: Elder Sign
#2: Eldritch Horror
#3: Pandemic: The Cure
#4: Roll for the Galaxy
#5: Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu
#6: Nations: The Dice Game
#7: The Castles of Burgundy: The Card Game
#8: Splendor
#9: Patchwork
#10: Imhotep

Hot 10 - Games I have played the most recently in chronological order.
#1: Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu
#2: Eldritch Horror
#3: Pandemic: The Cure
#4: Arkham Horror
#5: Mansions of Madness: Second Edition
#6: Mysterium
#7: Power Grid
#8: The Voyages of Marco Polo
#9: Codenames: Pictures
#10: Splendor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I prefer ambiguity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think anyone actually plays ONLY one category of game, except people who are singular game players like Magic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
I don't think anyone actually plays ONLY one category of game, except people who are singular game players like Magic.
Why not? I'd be willing to bet that there are people who only play 18XX games. And people who only play war games. And I know a few casual gamers who only play card games (mostly classic stuff like poker, hearts, spades, etc.) It doesn't seem that odd to me that there'd be at least some people who'd only play Eurogames, for example, especially if they only played a handful of favorites.

I don't get why you think it is so unlikely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
Geosphere wrote:
Why not? I'd be willing to bet that there are people who only play 18XX games. And people who only play war games. And I know a few casual gamers who only play card games (mostly classic stuff like poker, hearts, spades, etc.) It doesn't seem that odd to me that there'd be at least some people who'd only play Eurogames, for example, especially if they only played a handful of favorites.

I don't get why you think it is so unlikely.
We judge others by our standards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
I like interactive thematic deterministic strategy games, although luck is okay as long as strategy is the prevailing factor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:

I have to disagree...

There are a lot of people who play Euros who would never consider trying a wargame, even when invited to one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
AvidHunter wrote:
Geosphere wrote:

I have to disagree...

There are a lot of people who play Euros who would never consider trying a wargame, even when invited to one.

And yet they might play Codenames.

Its not that people play EVERY genre. But rarely a singular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry L
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
He who games with the most dice wins.
badge
I like things arnmod
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly people can have wide or narrow tastes, but game categories are there for games, not players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.