Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
paul troke
United Kingdom
hove
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The conversion of plants to greenery tiles and heat to raise the temp.
on your player board,can this only be done once per generation or is there
no limit
Thank You
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paultro wrote:
The conversion of plants to greenery tiles and heat to raise the temp.
on your player board,can this only be done once per generation or is there
no limit
Thank You

Each conversion counts as an action, but you can take that action as many times as you want per generation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul troke
United Kingdom
hove
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dave
That was quick
You didn't give me time to set the game up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Larkin
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paultro wrote:
Thanks Dave
That was quick
You didn't give me time to set the game up

Yep, he's correct. And you could for example convert plants to tiles twice per turn (assuming you have the resources to do so) since you can take 1 or 2 actions per turn. But ending your turn because you took 2 actions doesn't end the generation, and thus you could continue to convert on following turns given enough resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one oddball rule related to this: at the end of the game, when people get to convert plants to greenery, they can convert as many as possible on their turn (not just 1 or 2).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Guthier
msg tools
mbmb
This confused us on our first play of this. We were confused by the red arrows on those actions. The red arrows on the blue action cards to us signal "once per generation".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Fryxelius
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hobbyboy wrote:
This confused us on our first play of this. We were confused by the red arrows on those actions. The red arrows on the blue action cards to us signal "once per generation".

Yep, actions on blue cards (or corporations like UNMI) may only be used once per generation. So put your player marker on them to remember if you have used the action this generation.

All other actions, like converting heat and plants, playing cards, or doing standard projects, are unlimited and may be used any number of times during a generation.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
EagleEye80 wrote:
hobbyboy wrote:

Yep, actions on blue cards (or corporations like UNMI) may only be used once per generation. So put your player marker on them to remember if you have used the action this generation.

All other actions, like converting heat and plants, playing cards, or doing standard projects, are unlimited and may be used any number of times during a generation.

Enjoy!

To clarify, because I asked in another thread and got a slightly different answer than what you've written. Is it that each action on a blue card may only be used once per generation, or that each blue card may only be used once per generation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snoozefest wrote:
EagleEye80 wrote:
hobbyboy wrote:

Enjoy!

To clarify, because I asked in another thread and got a slightly different answer than what you've written. Is it that each action on a blue card may only be used once per generation, or that each blue card may only be used once per generation?

It is each action on a blue card may be used only once per generation. Other blue card effects that don't need actions can happen whenever their trigger occurs, which may be multiple times in a single generation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Wood
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I disagree. My understanding is that your interpretation is incorrect.

Blue cards can only he used once per generation.

If it was the other way then many of the cards that have multiple actions are just unnecessarily complicated. IE do action 1 to get a resource, do action 2 to convert some number of the resource into another resource. These could just be combined into 1 action instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woodenman wrote:

If it was the other way then many of the cards that have multiple actions are just unnecessarily complicated. IE do action 1 to get a resource, do action 2 to convert some number of the resource into another resource. These could just be combined into 1 action instead.

I assume it's me you disagree with. See the section on cards on page 6.

Quote:
3. Effect / action: Boxes marked by a blue ribbon show an ongoing effect or action that may be used during the game. Actions may be used only once per generation, while effects are always active.

Edit: can you give an example of a blue card with multiple actions? As far as I recall there is no card. I can think of one that has multiple options for its action, (Either collect a microbe or exchange 3 for TR) but that is still a single action that can only be done once a generation, choosing whichever option you wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Fryxelius
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Woodenman wrote:

Some of the blue cards provide a choice between 2 different actions (either collecting resources OR spend resources already collected), and in that case you must choose. The card still only provide you ONE action per generation, so you cannot use both of them. Either you collect, or you spend this generation - never both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Wood
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was referring to the actions on the blue cards. I'm saying blue cards with multiple actions available on them can only have one of them activated per generation.

I agree that passive effects are always active regardless of whether you have used an action or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EagleEye80 wrote:
Woodenman wrote:

Some of the blue cards provide a choice between 2 different actions (either collecting resources OR spend resources already collected), and in that case you must choose. The card still only provide you ONE action per generation, so you cannot use both of them. Either you collect, or you spend this generation - never both!

Woodenman wrote:
I was referring to the actions on the blue cards. I'm saying blue cards with multiple actions available on them can only have one of them activated per generation.

I agree that passive effects are always active regardless of whether you have used an action or not.

Yes it occurred to me after posting that this might be the situation referred and was editing my post to mention that while these replies were being posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.