Subject: "Freighter Convoy" Alliance Navigation Card ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Hines
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
I'm afraid the DEFLECTOR Shield is..... Operational!
mbmbmbmbmb
This navigation card gives 2 options and the "Shrewd Bartering" (Option 1) states:

"You may purchase Fuel for $200, Parts for $300 and up to 3 Cargo for $300 each.
Keep Flying
"

My question: How much do you have to buy to keep flying? Is it ok to just buy 1 fuel for $200 and keep flying? So as long as you buy 1 thing, then you can keep flying? This is how my group is interpreting the card.

Appreciate your thoughts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Beaver
United States
Wilmington
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The key word is "may". You don't need to buy anything to keep flying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hines
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
I'm afraid the DEFLECTOR Shield is..... Operational!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevin73 wrote:
The key word is "may". You don't need to buy anything to keep flying.

So you interpret this card to mean you "may" skip part 1 of Option 1 and go straight to part 2 of Option 1 and "Keep Flying"? I see your point
THANKS FOR QUICK REPLY!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as he said, it's that "may" that calls it.

it's sort of a quick stop over kinda thing. as you're buzzing along, you find a freighter that's going (roughly) the same direction, so you dock up and do some quick trading, then go on about your business. it's one of those helpful cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Buchholz
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
demonllama wrote:

it's sort of a quick stop over kinda thing. as you're buzzing along, you find a freighter that's going (roughly) the same direction, so you dock up and do some quick trading, then go on about your business. it's one of those helpful cards.

Especially helpful right after being pirated to steal your cargo that could "win" the game for you in your next turn... (from experience as the pirate)whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dren608 wrote:
demonllama wrote:

Especially helpful right after being pirated to steal your cargo that could "win" the game for you in your next turn... (from experience as the pirate)whistle

Yup. I have learned to always keep at least one (1) FUEL in my Stash (in case I encounter someone like me - who only Takes FUEL when I pull a Piracy Job).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh D
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Yup, I also play it as being optional - people can keep flying without buying anything if they wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Beaver
United States
Wilmington
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is going to sound stupid, but the other key part of the card is period separating the two statements. The period sets them apart as separate instructions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.