$15.00
$30.00
$5.00
$20.00
ian handyanto
Indonesia
flag msg tools
Can one villain/monster gets -4AC Counter more than one ?, because the at will power of Athrogate looks so powerful .. Thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters.
mbmbmb
More than once? I don't think so. The Narrow Passage tile is what gives the characters/monsters -4AC (unless there's something else I have forgotten). So once they are OUT/Off of that tile, their AC goes back up to normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Pickel

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lhowser wrote:
More than once? I don't think so. The Narrow Passage tile is what gives the characters/monsters -4AC (unless there's something else I have forgotten). So once they are OUT/Off of that tile, their AC goes back up to normal.

Athrogate dual-wields morningstars. One adds -4AC on a hit, the other does something else but it's irrelevant to the topic. Drizzt and Jarlaxle also have Daily Powers that give -4AC, and I think there are items that do this as well.

I've never stacked this, either from multiple successful attacks from Athrogate or if Athrogate and Drizzt both use their abilities, because it does seem too powerful, especially against villains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary A
United States
Lakeville/Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a situation last weekend, 2 of us were playing, out of Surges, low on HPs, and we both used our dailies to hit the dragon to knock him to reasonable so we might have a chance to win.

TBH, I don't see why they couldn't stack. When you are using a one time power, it SHOULD be powerful. It was a desperation move during desperate times.

BUT, the debuff was from 2 different sources, I think otherwise it would play like other items where they can't stack. If a morningstar gave the debuff on a hit, it can't again.

I vote yes, if within the proper situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters.
mbmbmb
Quote:

Athrogate dual-wields morningstars. One adds -4AC on a hit, the other does something else but it's irrelevant to the topic. Drizzt and Jarlaxle also have Daily Powers that give -4AC, and I think there are items that do this as well.

Welll, thats what I get for talking bout characters I don't play. I thought Athrogate was a VILLAIN!

(I think I've only played Cattie Brie and that Barbarian dude, honestly.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian handyanto
Indonesia
flag msg tools
Thanx for all the answers ... I think we're going to make own house rule ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.