David Temprano
Spain
Valladolid
flag msg tools
designer
GLADIATORIS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Well, in truth, we've never been gone. We've spent all this time polishing our game and dealing with several interested publishers. We've finally decided to go on our own to be able to publish the full game exactly the way we want.

Gladiatoris is almost ready to go. The rules are final since more than a year, we've finished the many models for your miniatures, and we're progressing with the illustrations quite fast...

We've been designing Gladiatoris since 2009. It allows from 1 to 6 players to reenact the gladiatorial games from the classic Roman age. Each player will play with a different team, and each team offers 3 Gladiators, 3 Beasts and 3 Slaves (and 4 neutral Slaves). As a lanista, each player will first manage his team composition and then all of them will send their combatants to the Arena in any of the many different gladiatorial games available.

Another feature we are proud of is its accuracy to history. We've recruited a PhD historian specialized in Gladiatorial Games to make sure everything in our game, from the games to the miniatures, are the way they were in the past. You can read more on that on our website.

The components are
* 40 miniatures (most of them different)!!
* 157 cards,
* 14 twelve-sided dice,
* 22 board sections (double-sided, different tiles),
* over 130 punch board tokens
* rulebook and games book.

We have much more content available in our web (www.escenarys.com), including an explanation of the game, a full description of our 4 basic teams, a design diary and much more. We will also expand the information with regular posts until the launch date.

If you are interested in our game, we invite you to register at our website (spam free), and we'll warn you whenever a big update occurs, including our crowdfunding campaing, that will start on NOVEMBER 3. Or you may subscribe to this topic.

We'll be glad you answer any question or comment you might have. We love to talk about our game and we've learnt a lot from people's feedback during all those developping years!

Thank you for your interest!
David and Luis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pedro tronic
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news!!!
Me and my money are ready for the launch. Ludus are coming!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
Will a play through video be released, either in English or with English subtitles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Temprano
Spain
Valladolid
flag msg tools
designer
GLADIATORIS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
madmanw wrote:
Will a play through video be released, either in English or with English subtitles?

Unfortunately, we are not planning to release any video featuring the gameplay of Gladiatoris. We thought it could be interesting to produce some instructional videos, but while we have all the miniatures and game components 100% designed, they have not been produced yet; using the prototype could be misleading for backers and there could be copyright issues.

But we're going to publish the rules and you'll be able to see how the game actually works to the smallest detail. The Kickstarter page will include a link to download a draft document of the final rules.

Thank you for your interest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Martin
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward for this release. Looks fantastic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lanarch
msg tools
Hello everybody!

You can now access to our Kickstarter page (the campaign has not started yet). As BGG forums does not allow links to Kickstarter, please look to our Twitter or Facebook accounts if you're interested.

https://twitter.com/Gladiatoris
https://www.facebook.com/Gladiatoris/

There you can have a look at all the final the design of the minis and the rest of the components. It’s taken us more than a year to get all the minis and pieces designed, but we’re very glad with the final result.

We’re really proud of our art team and it’s been a blessing for us to be have them contributing their enormous talent to our game.

Don’t forget to post any question or comment you might have!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lanarch
msg tools
madmanw wrote:

After much thought (and a lot of requests), we've decided to use on our KS page an old video, made some years ago, and with English subtitles. It's not a real play through, but it gives an idea of how the game actually plays out.

Also, we've got a rules summary almost ready to upload. Along with the video, they will help show how the game is played.

You can see our video on Youtube:

Please take into account that the components shown in this video are part of our old prototype.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Darlage
United States
Columbus
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
These pretzels are making me thirsty
mbmbmbmbmb
How does this play solo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Temprano
Spain
Valladolid
flag msg tools
designer
GLADIATORIS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cdarlage wrote:
How does this play solo?

The player controls 3 Gladiators from any team and he must survive 12 rounds fighting against enemy waves (first against Slaves, then Small Beasts and finally Big Wild Beasts).

The enemies appear in rounds, by surprise, according to the module instructions, along with the traps and the CRONOS cards.

The player will earn a Palm (5.000 sestertii) for every surviving gladiator. A table can be checked to see how well he performed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Darlage
United States
Columbus
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
These pretzels are making me thirsty
mbmbmbmbmb
Thraex wrote:
cdarlage wrote:
How does this play solo?

The player controls 3 Gladiators from any team and he must survive 12 rounds fighting against enemy waves (first against Slaves, then Small Beasts and finally Big Wild Beasts).

The enemies appear in rounds, by surprise, according to the module instructions, along with the traps and the CRONOS cards.

The player will earn a Palm (5.000 sestertii) for every surviving gladiator. A table can be checked to see how well he performed.
Thanks for the reply. That sounds great. Consider me interested. How do the enemies move?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Temprano
Spain
Valladolid
flag msg tools
designer
GLADIATORIS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cdarlage wrote:
Thraex wrote:
[q="cdarlage"]How does this play solo?

Thanks for the reply. That sounds great. Consider me interested. How do the enemies move?

Thanks to you.

Enemies move with the same rules we already have for the grey miniatures (neutral fighters, they are not controlled by any player). They simply move to the nearest enemy and attack. By also rolling the Beast die, they can make a specially good attack, activate a special attack (good or bad, depending on the scenario), charge towards the second nearest enemy, or even turn around and flee. This rule adds some unpredictability to every enemy attack.

We are delighted by your interest.

Thanks,
David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears not to, but does the Rudiarius level include the extra dice set? Or I suppose more appropriately, can it include the extra dice? Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Temprano
Spain
Valladolid
flag msg tools
designer
GLADIATORIS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
It appears not to, but does the Rudiarius level include the extra dice set? Or I suppose more appropriately, can it include the extra dice? Thanks in advance!

It's not included. But more people have asked us the same question (or change the book instead).

Now we can get a better idea of what many people do not find in current pledges. We are planning to include (in a future update) a new pledge with the Box +2 Extra Teams to choose.

What do you think about it? Maybe +Extra Dice Set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Rehnberg
Finland
Mariehamn
Åland Islands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on the brink of backing the Kickstarter, just need the rulesbook and/or gameplay video to make the final leap... But it looks Great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lanarch
msg tools
Hi Oscar! Not the full rulebook, but a summary with the core rules is linked from the KS page: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_s6eERFKUAAaGszTVBhd2pvc0E...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
Lanarch wrote:
Hi Oscar! Not the full rulebook, but a summary with the core rules is linked from the KS page: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_s6eERFKUAAaGszTVBhd2pvc0E...

Yeah the KS link is a little hard to find, it needs to be more prominent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Thraex wrote:
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:

It's not included. But more people have asked us the same question (or change the book instead).

Now we can get a better idea of what many people do not find in current pledges. We are planning to include (in a future update) a new pledge with the Box +2 Extra Teams to choose.

What do you think about it? Maybe +Extra Dice Set?

I would truly like a 'I want it all pledge' granted adding the dice is not that hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
Looks like this is finally happening, very happy to see it come to this!

For now I am still gathering information about what my christmas shopping is going to cost me this year and how much money I'll have available for that before I make a pledge.

And I am also curious about additional stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oak Wolf
msg tools
Curious about the game, too. I've always liked gladiators.

1. I do wish there was a way to customize the gladiators we pick after we take choose a ludus.

For example, if i want to play with 3 provocators as part of the small shields? I think it is just as historically accurate to represent more than 1 of each type in the arena.

So maybe a stretch goal with extras of different types.

I know there's optional team buys who do something similar (there's a 3 retiara), but they don't use the same rules. I'd like to mix and match gladiators within the base teams.

2. Another idea for a stretch goal would be more man and woman variants of each gladiator types and female slaves would fit for amazons.

That being said, its still far of reaching the first one so maybe i am out of line already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Temprano
Spain
Valladolid
flag msg tools
designer
GLADIATORIS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sybaris wrote:
Curious about the game, too. I've always liked gladiators.

1. I do wish there was a way to customize the gladiators we pick after we take choose a ludus.

For example, if i want to play with 3 provocators as part of the small shields? I think it is just as historically accurate to represent more than 1 of each type in the arena.

So maybe a stretch goal with extras of different types.

I know there's optional team buys who do something similar (there's a 3 retiara), but they don't use the same rules. I'd like to mix and match gladiators within the base teams.

2. Another idea for a stretch goal would be more man and woman variants of each gladiator types and female slaves would fit for amazons.

That being said, its still far of reaching the first one so maybe i am out of line already.

Thank you very much for your advice.

There is a way to customize the Gladiators in the expansions rules, but not in the basic box. A team with 3 Provocatores would be in the style of Thraeces, or Retiariae, like you said, and would have the rules of "Gladiators Group" that avoid the sortitio and missio.

The truth is that we do have Slave Amazonas in the Retiariae Extra Team, but the Slave Female minis are by now a hidden SG (like your idea, indeed)... We already doubled our initial budget for 3D designs, due to our enthusiasm.

Thanks a lot for your support!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Temprano
Spain
Valladolid
flag msg tools
designer
GLADIATORIS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhalius wrote:
Looks like this is finally happening, very happy to see it come to this!

For now I am still gathering information about what my christmas shopping is going to cost me this year and how much money I'll have available for that before I make a pledge.

And I am also curious about additional stretch goals.

Hello Rhalius!

We have a new English gameplay video, with a lot of practical information about the game (and some funny things):

2nd Encounter at Emerald Knights, Burbank, CA.
Players: Jennifer Ho (Parmularii, green), Paul Ang (Scutarii, red), Kevin Barber (Sine Scuto, blue).
- 0:00 Presentation
- 1:25 Reviews
- 6:02 Gameplay

I hope you like it, even for Christmas 2017!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Temprano
Spain
Valladolid
flag msg tools
designer
GLADIATORIS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EscenaRYS cancels Gladiatoris KS

Hello.
The Gladiatoris Kickstarter campaign (November 2016) is cancelled, but we will relaunch!

Sadly, we have to cancel the campaign. It’s not going to reach the funding goal, so now we must take a step back and improve, so the next Gladiatoris campaign will be successful. We WILL relaunch- don’t think this is the end of Gladiatoris!

You have given us a lot of valuable advice and feedback- please keep it coming! Most of what we have learned is thanks to you, and that’s why we love to hear your ideas!

Also, we will send all backers the Print&Play as soon as possible. We will leave the Kickstarter campaign open for another 2 hours, so if you want to support us as a symbolic gesture, you still have time.

Don’t stop following us on social media- don’t miss any update. We won’t stop working.

Here’s the link to the full update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/605706654/gladiatoris/p...

Thanks to all of you, and see you on the Arena!

Greetings,
David Temprano “Thraex” and Luis Valleaguado “Lusitor”.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon I
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am highly interested in the game but as activity was down for months assumed it was finished. I missed the kickstarter. I wonder how many more people missed it too? Please do bring it back!
Surely if you have some bgg advertising banners you would get more than enough interest for such a unique game and looks a very fun game. I play solo and look forward to experiencing that aspect. I think backers need to see as many prototypes and gameplay videos as possible for reassurance it can be delivered, plus experience the gameplay in more detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.