Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
Deus Ex
mbmbmbmbmb
When: Friday, November 11th @ 6:30PM - late:30
Where: Oak Cliff Baptist Church, Fort Smith, Arkansas

Hey all,

My church -- Oak Cliff Baptist Church -- is hosting our monthly game night again. Sorry for the hiatus, but we were getting some new things put in place to hopefully make it a better opportunity for everyone. One of the main things we wanted was to provide a place to supervise children so you would feel free come to bring their children. So if you have children, they are welcome to come and have a good time, too. Come join us for a fun night of board and card gaming!

The fun: This is a free, family-friendly, open gaming event, and we welcome new gamers and old gamers alike. There is usually a very good crowd there (20-30 people) so you will pretty much always be able to find someone to play with. If you are under 13 years old you need to be accompanied by a responsible adult (18+).

The games: Gateway games, deck builders, fillers, dexterity games, strategy games, war games ...whatever. Many games will be available to play, but please bring your favorites as well! Examples of games I might bring for anyone to play: 7 Wonders Duel, Scoville, Viticulture, Five Tribes, Mysterium, Bohnanza, Codenames, Patchwork, Tiny Epic Galaxies, Timeline, Sheriff of Nottingham, Specter Ops, Legendary: Marvel (with all expansions + Villains), Dead of Winter, Dice Masters, Dungeon Roll, Summoner Wars (all factions and multiple boards), Red7, Carcassonne, Nightfall (all expansions), Dungeon Fighter, Dominion, 10 Days in the USA, Catan, Ticket to Ride, 1775, Wits & Wagers, Shadowrun: Crossfire, 7 Wonders (all expansions), Splendor, and Letters From Whitechapel. If you have something in particular that you would like me to bring, just let me know.

I'm never sure what else others will be bringing, but in the past I know there has been Imperial Settlers, DC DBG, Robinson Crusoe, Castles of Mad King Ludwig, Machi Koro, Fluxx, Twilight Imperium III, Battlestar Galactica, Risk, Magic, Sequence, Yugi-Oh, Axis and Allies, Citadels, and more.

I also try to make sure there are games there that kids can play. Some of my kids' favorites: Incan Gold, Magic Labyrinth, Animal Upon Animal, Can't Stop, Diamonds, Clubs, Battle Sheep, Catan Junior, Rampage/Terror in Meeple City, and King of Tokyo.

The food: There will be snacks and feel free to bring food and/or drinks, but please no alcoholic drinks or game-unfriendly food (e.g., Cheetos). It's kind of a "pot luck" of snacks. Sometimes some really good stuff finds its way to the buffet!

The place: Oak Cliff is located at 3701 S Gary Street, Fort Smith, AR. You can BGG-mail me with questions, post here, or call the church (479-646-3891).

I hope you can make it!
Chad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad B
United States
Van Buren
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
Deus Ex
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan to run a mock Summoner Wars tournament. Bring your own decks or come learn how to play if you don't know how.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.