Hide
5 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Book Keeping? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chris nelson
msg tools
So how much book keeping is there in Descent? I play Shadows of Brimstone and there is a ton of book keeping there and even though I enjoy SoB it's almost too much to keep up with and it makes it so I don't want to play some times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No where near as much as Brimstone. All of Descent's "bookkeeping" boils down to a few cards per player (skills and items for heroes, cards for Overlord) and one campaign sheet (to keep track of missions and XP). That's it. Pretty simple and straight forward.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Sedgwick
United Kingdom
Chislehurst
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look at some apps like "Descent Campaign Tracker" for Android. There also the good old http://d2etracker.com/.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
when i get home, i'm so tired
badge
just roll over, please. i'm so tired. just roll over, please. i'm so tired.
mbmbmbmbmb
The book keeping is minimal. Basically keeping track of a few skill cards and how much health/stamina you have.

The level of book keeping between Descent and SOB really isn't even comparable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joeri Rotthier
Belgium
Hemiksem
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As stated, the bookkeeping during the game itsself is rather minimal.

In between sessions there's some tracking which gear/skils/OL cards, relics players have acquired, but there are online apps that help you do it as stated above or campaign trackers that can be printed out. Campaign tracker

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.