GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,434 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Making a trip to Cool Stuff rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Black
msg tools
Alright, so my wife and I have planned a Disney trip for the kids and we will be leaving out the first week of December. While we are there my wife told me we could go make a trip to Cool Stuff in Maitland. Since this is where the warehouse is located I will be able to buy any game that they currently have in stock on their website. My wife has already given me a very generous allowance for me to take into the store. So with that what are some games you all would recommend. Right now we play Star Realms every chance we get and are completely addicted to that game and would like some other great deck building type games. We enjoy pretty much everything we have played though from Co-op games to Euro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
United States
Southern MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, based on the way you've posed the question and a lack of any other information about your tastes, I predict that you will probably end up getting a bunch of people recommending their favorite games. Not bad in the grand scheme of things, but if you have particular tastes or favorite types of games, this may not go well.

Having said that, in the deck building genre, I hear that the Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Gameis quite nice - haven't played it myself though.

Also:
Galaxy Defenders - co-op tactical combat. One of my favorites right now.
Eminent Domain - Another deck builder that incorporates a few interesting mechanisms.
7 Wonders
Pandemic - possibly the game that made co-op a thing.
Roll for the Galaxy
Shadowrun: Crossfire - another deck builder, though quite different from most in that genre. Another of my favorites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Black
msg tools
I have 7 Wonders and Pandemic. Pandemic is actually what got me started on this board game journey.

To help narrow, I need games that play very well 2 players but scales to 4 players as well. Also quicker type games. Under 90mins type stuff.

I don't mind the long haul stuff but its usually just my wife and I that play and we like to get more than one game in when we play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dejun King
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashes: Rise of the Pheonixborn is a player vs player card battle game similar to Magic the Gathering but at a much more affordable price AND THERE IS DICE CHUCKING! Base game comes with 5 or 6 pre constructed decks and rules are simple enough to be playing within 20 min. Hope this helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! You don't know where that cursor has been!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game might be a fun deckbuilder to try. Or dive headlong into the wild beast that Arkham Horror: The Card Game is sure to become!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about...

Steampunk Rally - card drafting, dice placement, racing game that plays well from 2-8 players. Think of 7 wonders, but where you are building a crazy steampunk contraption and racing it. Each round, you add more parts to your machine.

Dominant Species - worker placement/euro wargame. Allow 3-4 hours.

Codenames or Unnamed Object - for light fun games that work with up to 8 players.

Castles of Mad King Ludwig - build a crazy castle

Galaxy Trucker - build a crazy spaceship - realtime building

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Black
msg tools
I really want the Arkham horror card game. That's high on the wish list. What about Clank! it looks really interesting and I like the deck building aspect of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.