Subject: Doors in limbo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor James
United Kingdom
Norwich, Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you complete a trio for a door and it's in Limbo can it still be claimed or do you have to leave it and wait for another turn? Had this situation during my first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should never have anything in limbo when you are playing cards from your hand. Things go to limbo when you are drawing from the deck, and then you shuffle them back in before playing your next card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danaolson wrote:
You should never have anything in limbo when you are playing cards from your hand. Things go to limbo when you are drawing from the deck, and then you shuffle them back in before playing your next card.

Correct. Limbo is always extremely temporary and may not persist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Candiac
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personnaly leave the limbo alone unless the cards there can affect my next draft (I have a key of the same color as door(s) in the limbo in my hand or it contains a nightmare) to reduce useless shuffling.

In your particular case, I would pick the door from the limbo and continue.

However, as per the rules, you should reshuffle the limbo back into the deck every time your hand is filled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmb
afafard wrote:
I personnaly leave the limbo alone unless the cards there can affect my next draft (I have a key of the same color as door(s) in the limbo in my hand or it contains a nightmare) to reduce useless shuffling.

In your particular case, I would pick the door from the limbo and continue.

However, as per the rules, you should reshuffle the limbo back into the deck every time your hand is filled.

That would be a problem if there were dream cards in your limbo pile, though, as it decreases the chances that you draw one. It also decreases the need to shuffle from door, which could influence prophecies. I can see nothing good coming out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Candiac
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me clarify. I only reshuffle the limbo when one of the following conditions happen:

1-There is a nightmare (dream) in it
2-There is a door of the same color as a key Room I am holding in my hand
3-Before a Prophecy
4-If I know what the top card is (as a result of a Prophecy, discarded a tower, etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor James
United Kingdom
Norwich, Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all this feedback! I'm still learning and BGG is excellent for clarifying these tricksy points. I play the Dreamcatcher extension and have yet to win it. So presumably the limboed cards are placed by the dreamcatchers immediately after drawing to replenish the hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.