Gnomes and Associates» Forums » News

Subject: Kickstarter Gnomes and Associates rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mohamed Ait-Mehdi
France
flag msg tools
Hi Everyone !

The small Company "Happy Games Factory" launches a Boardgame With miniatures which can be interesting for both gamers and all the family !

The game mechanics are quite simple, but has several levels of difficulty! There are plenty of dirty tricks to do !
Not a lot of miniatures but it's very funny and comes with several game modes !

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1778045168/gnomes-and-a...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Bloos
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Mohamed,

of course the game isn't the kind of "material battle" some companies offer. But since my disaster with Dungeon Saga's minis I'm looking for quality, non quantity.
Ihe minis in Gnomes & Associates just look too cute to miss; they are ideal for playing with children. The game seems to be suitable for introducing kids - by a harmless theme in soft colours - into the world of roleplaying/dungeon crawlers. Parents who are into these genres: take a look at this game.
I don't know about playing "mean", we are more the kind of gamers who like co-operative action. BUT: With the dragons add-on this game becomes coop and the moment I saw this I was hooked.
As I haven't read the rulebook and only looked into the gameplay's video (sadly I was obviously taught Molière's language at school so sometimes I felt a bit lost in modern French) I can't say much about the mechanics of the game; but it looks so awesome I would even buy it without any rules and create my own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the rules be available?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Bloos
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I`ve tried my luck with the French rulebook; I think an English version will be uploaded soon as lots of backers have asked for it. But I say to myself: 39$ is an amount I can risk without having understood the rules in detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Zombi
France
Near Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want, in order to wait for the real stuff, I could try to translate you the big lines of the rules and the game mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mohamed Ait-Mehdi
France
flag msg tools
Hi everyone and thanks for your interest !

The rules in english will come very soon tomorow or perhaps this day , we will make an update when that will be done !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Zombi
France
Near Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello again, here comes my homebrew translation of the mains rules from the french version(the one posted on the ks). I apologize for all the mistakes (grammar, syntax...etc.) I've made in it, I'm not fluent in english ^^'

Anyway, I hope that it will give you a taste of the game before you got the real version

Quote:
Gnomes & Associates is a game using miniatures and special 6 sided dices, in wich the wealthiest player at the end of the game won. Those dices have three different colours : green, yellow and red. The colour indicates the difficulty of the roll you’ll make.

-The green dices are the “easier” ones, there’s 3 faces with a success symbol on it.
-The yellow dices are the “medium” ones, it’s slightly more difficult to succeed with them since there’s only 2 success faces
-The red dices are the “hard” ones and I’m sure that you’ve guessed that there’s only one success on them.

The kind of dice you have to throw depend on the action you want to perform (fight or steal) and the kind of field where your character is standing. There’s visual reminder of it on the board and there’s also a sheet in the rulebook wich explain it.

The game have several level of gameplay and you can adapt it to the kind of players you got around the table, the playing time you have…etc. Every player choose a guild, those ones have got special abilities and objectives during the game.

The craftsmen got 2 gnomes and 2 fairies, on the basic game you’re only using 1 gnome and 1 fairy, but you could also decide to play with the 4 minis. Their objective is to craft artifact, once they’ve made 5 artefacts (in a 4 players game) or 4 (on a 2-3 players game) they end the game. Every time they craft an item they also won 3 coins. Their secondary mission allow them to take 1 coin, everytime they collect an element used for crafting artefact.

The brigands got 2 goblins and 2 trolls, on the basic game you’re only using 1 gobelin and 1 troll, but you could also decide to play with the 4 minis. Their objective is to destroy their opponents hideout, they won 5 coins everytime they destroy one. Once they’ve destroyed 3 (on a 4 player game) or 2 (on a 2-3 players) hideout they end the game. Their secondary mission allow them to take 2 coins, everytime they take the control of an area where there was an opponent.

The usurers got 2 gnomes and 2 trolls, on the basic game you’re only using 1 gnome and 1 troll, but you could also decide to play with the 4 minis. Their objective is to stunned opponents. In the beginning of the turn they design a guild and they will win one objective and 3 coins, every time they manage to stunned one character of their target guild for the turn. Once they’ve stunned 5 guys (in a 4 players game) or 4 (on a 2-3 players game) they end the game. Every time they craft an item they also won 3 coins. Their secondary mission allow them to take 2 coins, everytime they take control of two fields of the same nature (two hills for example).

The thieves got 2 gobelins and 2 fairies, on the basic game you’re only using 1 gobelin and 1 fairy, but you could also decide to play with the 4 minis. Their objective is to steal in opponent’s hideout (stealing several times in a row the same hideout doesn’t count), once they’ve made 5 stealing (in a 4 players game) or 4 (on a 2-3 players game) they end the game. Every time they steal an hideout they also won 3 coins. Their secondary mission allow them to take 1 coin, everytime they steal an artefact or 2 coins to an opponent’s character.

Every creature got her own stats and abilities :
-The Gobelin got 2 points in fight and 2 stealing, wich means that they will roll 2 dices (the colour of them depend on the field…etc.) when they fight or steal. They also got the lucky ability wich allow them to re-roll all their dices once in a turn.

-The Troll got 3 points in fight and 1 in stealing, wich means that they will roll 3 dices (the colour of them depend on the field…etc.) when they fight and 1 when they steal. The troll got the badass ability wich means that he need three tokens (instead of two for the others) before he’s knocked out and leave the map.

-The Gnome got 2 points in fight and 2 stealing, wich means that they will roll 2 dices (the colour of them depend on the field…etc.) when they fight or steal. They got the clever ability wich allow them once by turn, to make an opponent reroll his dices.

-The Fairy got 1 point in fight and 3 in stealing, wich means that they will roll 1 dice (the colour of them depend on the field…etc.) when they fight or 3 dice when they steal. They also got the flying ability wich allow them to move from 2 areas with one moving action.

Set Up :
Every player put his hideout in one of the red areas of the map, you put the component on the dedicated areas. One moon stone token is put on every stone circle and ruins, one sacred wood token is put on every forest and hill areas.

Every player draw 5 cards from their guild deck. Those decks are composed of standard cards (wich are common to all the guilds) and special ones (wich are specific to the guild you’ve chosen).

Game turn :
A turn is composed of several activation phase, during an activation phase, the miniatures are played alternately by the players (player A play his first miniature, then player B activate his first one, player C do the same, then player A activate his second miniature and so on).

Ending of a turn :
Once every player have played all his minis, the turn ends, all the players discard they cards they’ve played during their turn (except the permanent ones wich remain in game). The gold your characters have stolen or collect during the turn is transferred to your hideout.

Every player draw 5 new cards from his deck and every player only keep 5 cards in his hand, the other ones (if you haven’t played your 5 cards during your turn) are discarded.

Starting by the first player, they could make a reinforcement, wich means that you could put back on your hideout, one of your miniature wich have been knocked out, until all the players have put back all of their minis.

Then you increase the turn token from one point and the player on the left of the first one, become the new first player for this turn.

Minis activation :
When you activate a character you could do two actions (it could be two times the same action) among the following ones :

-Attack : your mini attack an opponent mini or an hideout on the same area. You roll has many dice as the attack value of your character. Every success you get put a stunned token on your opponent mini or hideout.

-Stealing : same principle as the attack, you can steal from an opponent mini or hideout on the same area. You roll has many dice as the stealing value of your character. Every success you get allow you to steal a token to your target. Of course If your target don’t got any token your stealing fail.

-Moving : Your mini move in one adjacent area (diagonal move are possible).

-Crafting : you can craft an artefact if you got the components

-Transfert : two ways to transfer, you can take all or a part of the tokens (components, gold or artefacts) available on the area of your character. Or you can put on your area, an hideout or an other of your characters all or just a part of your treasure (gold, components and artifact owned by your mini).

At any time of your turn you can play one or several cards from your hand, then you just have to apply the effect.

End of the game :
Once a guild reach his main mission, the games end immediately. Every player count their victory points (VP) :
-1 coin = 1 VP
-+5 PV for the player who put an end to the game
-VP of the artefact you got. 1 artefact = 1VP, 2=5Vp, 3=8VP, 4=12VP and 5=15VP

The player who got the more VP won the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mohamed Ait-Mehdi
France
flag msg tools
Funded ! It was a little bit long but really intensive !

We hope we can reach more stretch goal and give to player more pleasure !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Bloos
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Translation
Mr. Zombi: Your English is MUCH better than my French (though I'm improving it due to this campaign) so I really appreciate your effort! Thanks for your work and I expect more English speaking backers now they can take a look into the mechanics of G&A.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Zombi
France
Near Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Migimaus wrote:
Mr. Zombi: Your English is MUCH better than my French (though I'm improving it due to this campaign) so I really appreciate your effort! Thanks for your work and I expect more English speaking backers now they can take a look into the mechanics of G&A.

Thanks a lot, all your compliments are gonna make me blush ^^'

Anyway, the real english rules are now available right here, it will be much better than mine (+ it's illustrated ^^)

http://www.eden-the-game.com/_userfiles/catalogue/livre-Rele...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Zombi
France
Near Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're really close from unlocking the boogymen for everyone, so don't hesitate to come and join us even with only a 1€ temporary pledge (it's a number of backers stretch goal), since when they're unlocked all the stretch goal will be produced, no matter what happen in the end of the campaign !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Boogeymen unlocked, new SGs and add-ons to buy, and a new SG for 550 backers, let's goooo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.