Subject: 2 actions per turn house rule rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yosef Bender

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
any 2 action per turn house rule

Probably the single most house rule that has sped up our groups gaming and made it less frustrating and more enjoyable is the 2 actions per turn rule

You can make two actions which can be 2 non-movement actions or the same action twice.

When using the same action, the second actions will have a penalty:

Second, move action 1/2 movement speed
second fight action -2 to fight (battle weary)
second, shoot action +2 to target(hasty shot)
second cast action +2 to difficulty to cast ( depletion of magic energy)

Cannot drink 2 potions (bad for your health), or read two scrolls(Bad on the eyes), in the same turn , but drinking and reading is acceptable unless you're driving. LOL

This rule is especially good for stat beefy spells,Potions in the beginning of the game,In the base game rules if you don't move you waste part of your turn, And often, you need to do things, especially with touch spells while you have your people in a group. Try out the rule. I think you'll like it. Some people think it makes shooting to powerful but if you lay out the right amount of terrain line of sight should be broken up enough with enough intervening terrain to make it very difficult to get a clear shot And with intervening bonuses for the target. The second shot is seldom made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Wildstar
msg tools
Good looking ideas here. I like the thematic reasons you give for the penalties of the double actions.

I will try this out. I sending your notion that it could be good for the purpose of shorter game time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Jacobs
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sound great, I'll throw it into my next game.

As for making shooting too powerful. Shooting is already quite powerful.

The solution remains the same with or without this rule.

As you say, lay out enough terrain and shooting becomes, "good" but not, "why do you have anything other than archers?"

Looks good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.